Discuss Pool wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Right, I am preparing mytself for some stick with this post. I am part P and registered...so domestic is my thing, however I have a job at the moment of which part of the contract is to wire in a pool. I have done many a hot tub, but this is my first pool, so was wondering whether you guys could point me in the right direction.
I was thinking of putting the pool on its own CU, since the main house is already submained from the meter box, and with the pool heater I am sure the board would be overloaded.

The problem now is, the outhouse was meant to have a covered area for the pumps etc, but now it isn't, so theis CU would be exposed! MK do a IP65 cu but I still aren't sure whether this is a good idea? What do y'all usually do?

your thoughts appriciated as always!

I suggest, before crashing ahead with anything, is speak to the supplier or installer of the pool and find out EXACTLY what is required.

If you do have to put a small CU outside then a suitably rated IP enclosure would be fine, even just mounted under a sloping lid with a bit of shed felt.

Thanks fo your replies guys. I have spoken to the builder again and apparently the heater and pump will be sheltered, so I guess the could go in there. As far as requirements, so far all I know is its going to have a 9kw pool heater.

Right, I am preparing mytself for some stick with this post. I am part P and registered...so domestic is my thing, however I have a job at the moment of which part of the contract is to wire in a pool. I have done many a hot tub, but this is my first pool, so was wondering whether you guys could point me in the right direction.
I was thinking of putting the pool on its own CU, since the main house is already submained from the meter box, and with the pool heater I am sure the board would be overloaded.

The problem now is, the outhouse was meant to have a covered area for the pumps etc, but now it isn't, so theis CU would be exposed! MK do a IP65 cu but I still aren't sure whether this is a good idea? What do y'all usually do?

your thoughts appriciated as always!

I suggest you mount your controls inside a mini pillar,ie one of those green boxes that they use for street lights.

Reply to Pool wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net