Discuss Possible boiler conflict in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would just like to thank needasparks and Chris Murphy, for a very interesting question and answer. I must admit I don't know if I would have thought of possible problems caused by fitting a fan in the same room as a boiler in that type of situation. Just goes to show you never stop learning, and I will certainly be thinking of it from now.

Ditto what others have said, can't really add to that, they said it all.
Thanks again guys, great help.

"Hello needasparks",

What did You decide to do regarding the Surveyor / Installing the Extract Fan - regarding the possibility of the `Cross Ventilation` of the Boiler Compartment - ?

Regards,

Chris

At the time i was waiting for replies so had to make an educated guess on the spot so stuck to my first post that i did not know enough information on the boiler system fitted and that I was not able to install a fan until information was provided that the boiler would be safe in its location. this was passed to the council surveyor. This was obviously before the information you guys gave me but am sticking to it as although I trust what has been mentioned and with no disrespect but me saying as a sparks thats its ok now because the blokes on the internet said so does not promote confidence. I see it as i have highlighted a possible problem and hopefully the so called surveyor will look closer at this and other jobs a little better, if i have to go back and fit the fan so be it, i've not lost a thing.
Makes you wonder how many of these installs have been done without this regard even though this time it was not a problem, as i earlier said i'm no expert on heating systems but i always do look at possible conflicting items relating to my installs. I guess if i had not had a good teacher many years ago i would not have given it a second thought but it happend once and was pointed out to me and i have never forgotten it but to be fair that was many years ago and boilers have moved on and left me behind but to me it just looked an old style.

At the time i was waiting for replies so had to make an educated guess on the spot so stuck to my first post that i did not know enough information on the boiler system fitted and that I was not able to install a fan until information was provided that the boiler would be safe in its location. this was passed to the council surveyor. This was obviously before the information you guys gave me but am sticking to it as although I trust what has been mentioned and with no disrespect but me saying as a sparks thats its ok now because the blokes on the internet said so does not promote confidence. I see it as i have highlighted a possible problem and hopefully the so called surveyor will look closer at this and other jobs a little better, if i have to go back and fit the fan so be it, i've not lost a thing.
Makes you wonder how many of these installs have been done without this regard even though this time it was not a problem, as i earlier said i'm no expert on heating systems but i always do look at possible conflicting items relating to my installs. I guess if i had not had a good teacher many years ago i would not have given it a second thought but it happend once and was pointed out to me and i have never forgotten it but to be fair that was many years ago and boilers have moved on and left me behind but to me it just looked an old style.

"Hello again needasparks",

You definitely have the correct attitude about this - Including NOT deciding to go ahead with the installation of the Extract Fan in these circumstances - even after finding out that the Gas Water Heater is a Room Sealed Appliance.

I congratulate You on your Professionalism and regard to Gas Safety / Gas Regulations.

My entire reason for going into so much detail about the circumstances of the Water Heater Compartment and the `Cross Ventilation` of that Compartment was to prompt You to notify the Surveyor about this - You will remember that I advised that one a couple of occasions.

I am sure that You noticed that at no point was I advising You that because the Water Heater was found to be a Room Sealed Appliance - and therefore the Flue would NOT be affected by the installation of the Extract Fan - You should just `go ahead` and install the Extract Fan.

That is why I then let You know about the Compartment Ventilation Issues.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to Possible boiler conflict in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock