Discuss Powering down an optima xm6. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
What is the best way to power down the above system in order to remove an outside bell box. I have looked outside the control panel and there are no obvious signs of a fused spur. However, on the inside of the control panel on the far right is what appears to be a fuse coming from the main supply. I think this is the fused spur. I can however, isolate the power to the control panel by switching off the respective mcb in the garage. What's the best way?
Thank you for your help.

if a permanent disconnect is required, only if the MCB in question does not supply anything else.

No matter what you do inside the main panel the bell box will activate if you cut the power, internal battery, set the panel to Engineer mode and put a ladder up to the box, take off the box lid and be ready to change the link to the by pass pins in the box, I will look for the diagram tomorrow and post here.

Inside the bell box will be a pair of jumper pins with something like "hold off" "by pass" or "battery on" written on the pc board this has three pins and a jumper to short out two of those pins, move the jumper position to "off" this will silence the alarm when disconnected from the panel, within the bell box and alarm panel will be matching terminal blocks, if you are very lucky the description on the pc board for the panel will match the description inside the bell box, if they are the same make it will be easy to just match the connections, if not you will have to consult the manuals for both units to match up the connections, I can probably help with that if you get stuck, one tip is to take a photo of the terminal blocks for reference before you disconnect anything.

Could look something like this. Powering down an optima xm6. TEXECOM PREMIER 1E BELL BOX - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:

Reply to Powering down an optima xm6. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock