Discuss Powering factory fan/ventilation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LeytonArts

Hi there

I rent a works/creator space in an old factory and have a large industrial fan fitted that i'd like to get up and running as it becomes a sauna in summer. I've tried to wire it simply using a standard 3 wired plug in the past but it shorts my fuse box after 10mins or so.
I've attached pics to better show what I mean. Is this something that can be achieved with the set up I have? I Have only basic knowledge so am happy to provide any information I may have missed out.

Many thanks

Saul

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7593.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

first need to know the rating of the fan. also if the bearings are nice and free.

Reply to Powering factory fan/ventilation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Beginners Guide to Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) Units: A Solution to Indoor Air Quality Woes A guide to Positive Input...
Replies
Views
Hello I have an old timed extractor fan in the bathroom which has stopped working. It has 3 wires which are black, brown and grey. I believe that...
Replies
Views
Installed a new ceiling fan, with no previous light or power. There is a switch in the room that controls an outlet. I am trying to draw power...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock