Discuss price for a cu change in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

flukey

-
Reaction score
hi all,

need a bit of help pricing a cu change. :confused:

been asked to replace an 18 way 3 phase board and test and certificate but with this being my first industrial cu change i am unsure of what sort of price to charge.

all advice appreciated. ;)

cheers

I think the company i work for charge £250 + £50 for test, sooo £300.

Are you kidding????? For a three phase db??

A decent BD could cost 150 plus labour, testing, paperwork.

Gotta be looking at a couple of hard days graft so i would price nearer 850 inc a bit of profit, and thats excluding any non compliances that may need sorting.

Domestic CU's are generally priced at around 300-350, again, assuming no remedials are needed, which more often that not, are.

These prices are down south of uk.

hi luke
think you misread the question, it not a domestic single phase board and even if it were i still wouldnt do it for 300 quid

looks like jason is nearer the mark as it will definitely be a 2 day job.

cheers for the replies

Test on its own should be by number of things to pi55 you off, changing the board should be by how 8uggered the wiring is etc. certification should be done on where do you want to holiday this year. Hope this helps!!

Yeah and don't forget, it might be an 18 way board with about 30 circuits in it! :(

Make a charge for the 18 way board and charge X per additional circuit to test and cover your back ;)

If its an old installation you could be chasing your own tail trying to track down some of the circuits. Very time consuming!:(

Put it in writing and get it agreed before you do the work! ;)

Yeah and don't forget, it might be an 18 way board with about 30 circuits in it! :(

Make a charge for the 18 way board and charge X per additional circuit to test and cover your back ;)

If its an old installation you could be chasing your own tail trying to track down some of the circuits. Very time consuming!:(

Put it in writing and get it agreed before you do the work! ;)

good post agree totaly
Tappout

Hi,
Yes make sure you cover all angles are the rings complete ? low ins readings ? faults ?
You must cover this in quote but i aggree its more like 1.5 days work because of testing and paperwork plus the board.

You ll have to be very careful pricing this up as you ll need to no how many circuit are going to be protected by rcbo s, these will push price right up.for a basic change of 18 way 3 phase i would be pricing £700 Plus £40 for every rcbo i had to put in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to price for a cu change in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock