Discuss Private rental EICRs are coming soon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Just seen this....
So come June/July we will have drive by dave doing them for £99.
It's like that around here now with hmo and house buying EICRs.
It sounds good on paper but unless there is a system to check quality it will work until somebody gets hurt.

One estate agent we do work for has had us do thier entire portfolio already, some people are taking notice?
The legit well known agents will be above board and have no issues with things.
it still wont stop the rogue landlords, Drive by Dave will do his £99 EICR mark it as satisfactory and the landlord has his get out of jail card. Decent landlords wont mind paying the going rate

Just seen this....
So come June/July we will have drive by Dave doing them for £99.
It's like that around here now with hmo and house buying EICRs.
It sounds good on paper but unless there is a system to check quality it will work until somebody gets hurt.

Oi I find that offensive, I at least get out to use the toilet and enquire about tea and biscuits !

For information, Link to the list of "Mandatory Electrical Diagnostics" in France, must be carried out on sale or change of tenancy: Liste des points de contrôle du diagnostic Electricité (Termite, Amiante, Carrez, DPE, Gaz, Plomb) - https://www.ariahabitat.com/diagnostic-electrique/diagnostic-electricite-31-point-de-controle.php if your French is not up to it, change your advanced settings in Google to automatically translate.

Completely irrelevant to the subject,maybe next time try and stay on track with everybody else

As the legislation is probable driven by the EU the documentation may follow a similar format, as I said in the post it was for information.

Perhaps you should not let criticism from another thread cloud your judgement.

[QUOTE="Mike Johnson
[/QUOTE]

My judgement of your post remains,the discussion is not helped by linking irrelevance
Try and be more civil with your replies,you are coming over as a person with one big ego

I thought the Mandatory Diagnostic Report from France may be of some relevance, your post re my ego is not, you must be a very sensitive soul, now put your toys back in your pram and move on.

The intention os good, however is drive by dave prepared to be fined or imprisoned for false reporting until that happens they will not be worth the paper that they are written on, only when this happens will people sit up and realize that it is there for their protection not a financial gain for the Sparky.
I bet the Part P agencies are rubbing their hands with the inrush of Drive By Dave's

As the legislation is probable driven by the EU the documentation may follow a similar format, as I said in the post it was for information.

It's more likely driven by Scottish implementation of mandatory eicr a few years ago and campaigns to bring it to England since then.

Probably get EICRs like those described in this thread : Phantom EICR story... - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/phantom-eicr-story.182537/#post-1601944

The actual regs (subject to any changes as they go through both houses are here : The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2020/9780111191934
I note that they only require a "competent person" rather than mandating a member of one of the scams. That's nice, means I can carry on doing them like I have been for years :)

I note that they only require a "competent person" rather than mandating a member of one of the scams. That's nice, means I can carry on doing them like I have been for years :)

"Competent person" ought to read "qualified electrician with relevant experience and up to date qualification in the inspection and testing of electrical installations".

"Competent person" ought to read "qualified electrician with relevant experience and up to date qualification in the inspection and testing of electrical installations".

Yea but no, if they do it there then they'll have to do it everywhere the phrase "competent" is used in place of "qualified", be that In our sector or anywhere else and something tells me that won't happen.

??????at last a bit of good news, should of been implemented with the gas laws years ago!
Feel sorry for all those having to test & remedial all the slum landlords properties all over UK
Hard enough getting them to pay up for an hours call out

It will be interesting to see what happens where one of our lasses rents. I can come up with more than one C2 just with a cursory look around. Haven't said anything as I don't want to get them kicked out :rolleyes:

I rarely get EICRs that I quote for, because too many people are willing to undercut me and charge loose change in the hope they can get lots of work from the customer out of their EICR and make up their money that way (I won't ever get into that nonsense).

Reply to Private rental EICRs are coming soon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net