Discuss protective bonding in an indoor horse arena in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hughesy

Hi, Im wiring some lights in a new indoor arena on a farm its for the people who have horses on the farm not shows or anything like that , anyway its the usual steelwork which is pile driven into the ground and wooden joist between the sections for the roof and such like all my wiring will be on the wooden joist also thats where my lights will be suspended the switch wire will run down the wooden cladding onto the surrounding wall so none of the wiring will be on the steelwork ,the problem is before speaking to me the farmer got some swa 10mm from some where and then ran it from a submain in a nearby barn to the new arena he then laid a new 20metre x30metre concrete carpark over the cable and i cant find another way to run my main bonding to the steelwork of the new arena .I can get from the first sub main back to the supply i just cant get from the new arena to the main supply with my bonding for the steelwork, has anyone any ideas how i can get round this cant really go over head due to tractors and other farm vehicles .
I am putting a board in the new arena just for lighting single phase , could i run the bonding back to here .

Hey.

Is it 2 or 3 core SWA?? If it's a 2 core why dont you make the arena into a TT installation with a 16mm down to the rod or the steelwork. Then you can bond all the water and other steelwork back to your arena DB.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Im wiring some lights in a new indoor arena on a farm its for the people who have horses on the farm not shows or anything like that , anyway its the usual steelwork which is pile driven into the ground and wooden joist between the sections for the roof and such like all my wiring will be on the wooden joist also thats where my lights will be suspended the switch wire will run down the wooden cladding onto the surrounding wall so none of the wiring will be on the steelwork ,the problem is before speaking to me the farmer got some swa 10mm from some where and then ran it from a submain in a nearby barn to the new arena he then laid a new 20metre x30metre concrete carpark over the cable and i cant find another way to run my main bonding to the steelwork of the new arena .I can get from the first sub main back to the supply i just cant get from the new arena to the main supply with my bonding for the steelwork, has anyone any ideas how i can get round this cant really go over head due to tractors and other farm vehicles .
I am putting a board in the new arena just for lighting single phase , could i run the bonding back to here .
exactly as lenny says, convert to tt and there is no need to run back to previous barn. got to be the easiest way imho ;)

Reply to protective bonding in an indoor horse arena in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock