Discuss Pull cord Light In Bathroom Help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

John-S

DIY
Reaction score
I am looking to change my Bathroom Light to motion sensor one.
It's switched on by pull cord (intending to remove pull cord part and leave on)
I wired it all up and tried it
Light stays on .. all the time (see just under the door) but if you go into bathroom and stay still light will go out but will emit slightly so not fully out then when you move it will come on.
Close the door and stays on ???

As you can see in pictures the existing wiring (3wires) and the new fitting.
Please if anyone can help what have I missed.

Attachments

• PXL_20211216_173933512.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20211216_162706468.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20211216_190443051.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 30
Sounds like its off state isn't fully off. Were their any instructions with it at all?

As you can see before disconnecting wires in previous picture there are 2 live wires connected in a connecting block
Guessing a neutral from pull cord

I assume the first pic with the light connected is the original light?
What colour wires are at the pull cord switch.

I would have thought the cables in the terminal block was the permanent live and the blue with tape was the switched live. Are there any knobs or dip switches to make adjustments?

Reply to Pull cord Light In Bathroom Help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi New to this forum, Just looking for some advise as a DIY person. I have recently purchased a new home. I have come across a wall light which...
Replies
Views
DIY at my friends house, his pull cord stopped working for bathroom light, so i went over and the wires that are coming out the roof was 3 wires...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
I’ve got my P16th edition papers in 2006 so not a total beginner (I’m plumber as my trade tbh) but this pull chord bathroom light is not working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock