Discuss Pulsiing low energy light bulb in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rich buckets

Hi . I have just changed a standard 60 W bulb in a standard pendant fitting for a new 35 w low energy type bulb . I noticed in the dark that every 10 seconds or so the new bulb gives out a faint pulse of light . Can anybody tell me why this may be.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for that . the problem is occuring in a two way circuit and wasnt evident with a normal bulb. I have since tried a low energy bulb in another two way circuit and have the same problem . wiring is all 3 core and earth and sure its fine so looks like it is a problem with this specific type of low energy bulb. the new bulbs were 11w not 30w as i originally said.

Reply to Pulsiing low energy light bulb in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Discover the perfect energy-saving LED lights at Electrical2Go. Philips' Ultra-Energy Saving lights are now in stock, offering the most...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, here's my imaginary problem, let's say I have 2 light bulbs, both of them take energy from the same source, however, 1 of them has a...
Replies
Views
Driven by the recent colossal hikes in the cost of electricity I hit upon the wizard wheeze of replacing some of the existing LED bulbs in our own...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock