Discuss Quantum Heaters Dimplex Wiring supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

catdog

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had fitted many of the quantum heaters with dual supply. Im looking at a job to fit a few and wondered peoples thoughts on spuring off the ring final circuit for the 24 hour supply to the heater (Rated at 1.5kw) via a fused spur? Also does anyone know if there is any mention of how many individual loads you can have on a ring final circuit (32 amps, 2x2.5mm) assuming they don't all add up to more than 32 amps. Can only think about the reg relating to not having a fixed appliance rated more than 3kw I think (assuming relating to ovens/hobs).

Basically was wondering how many quantum heater 24 hour supplies I could link into the ring final circuit and then add additional circuits for the rest of the heaters ( have about 3 or 4 quantum heaters to install)

any advice appreciated.

thanks.

Original storage heaters already have their own individual circuits but only have single off peak supply but obvs the quantums require a 24 hour supply too.

And buzzlighyyear I'm offended . Some people would question that too.....

I'd personally be loathe to spur the 24 hour supplies off an existing RFC, if each one is 1.5kW you could soon be overloading with other existing bits also on the ring, but subject to length of cable runs, installation method etc you could probably run a 1.5 to each one on a 10a MCB per heater.

Yeah that's why I asked, that was my fear of overloading. Think practically prob wouldn't but there's always that risk depending on what other items are plugged in which is a grey area.

Hi. The boost function will rarely get used for 1.5kw rating as the heaters should store its heat from the ec7 supply so i wouldnt be too worried about using the ring for 2/3 units. There peak supply is mainly there for the programmer/room sensor/ fan facility.
I have been fitting the sunhouse version of the quantum heaters. They will save you a fortune as the dimplex quantums are overpriced imo.

Hi. The boost function will rarely get used for 1.5kw rating as the heaters should store its heat from the ec7 supply so i wouldnt be too worried about using the ring for 2/3 units. There peak supply is mainly there for the programmer/room sensor/ fan facility.
I have been fitting the sunhouse version of the quantum heaters. They will save you a fortune as the dimplex quantums are overpriced imo.
Sunhouse, Dimplex, Creda, Winterwarm, all the same heater, probably assembled by the same man

What rooms does the ringmain serve? Presumably not all of the heaters are QM150s and as such not all boost elements will be 1.5kW?

Yes your right Resu, (in fact the qm150 boost function is actually 1.242 and the qm125 is only 1.017kw)

The lounge will have a qm150 and a qm125/qm100 (measures 5.7x4.7 with lots of glass!).

I'm still heading towards least having the larger heaters on their own 24 hour circuit (or 2 on the one circuit)

Reply to Quantum Heaters Dimplex Wiring supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net