Discuss Query - Distribution Board to Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kbrew

Hello!

Im an AC/Fridge Engineer just gone Sole Trader.

So Im trying to price up an AC install package for Domestic and Commercial Customers and im scratching my head when in comes to the cost of wiring some Twin & Earth from the Distribution Board to an Isolator on the Outdoor unit.

First of all, im assuming only an Electrician is legally allowed to do this?

Secondly, how much you ussually charge?

Many Thanks,

Kane

For domestic you'd have to meet the certification requirements of the local authority building control. Not so much an issue in commercial/industrial, however the client may specify only approved contractor scheme members to complete electrical tasks on there building.

Secondly, how long is a piece of string? There's a lot of variables in your question!

Couple of hours work to pull a twin & earth through and wire it into the DB? Ball park length of 10m of T&E, heck ill wire it into the isolator.

How many variables can there be?

Will the installation take the extra demand? Has said db a suitable Ze? Do you need to consider any cable de-rating factors? Will the exceed allowable volt drop? Can you adequately support the cable for the route? Enough spare ways in db? Are you competent to issue EIC certification? Just a few variables to get you started!

Kin typical of someone who knows diddly squat about electics Moron.

Nice one pal! :clapping:

Will the installation take the extra demand? Has said db a suitable Ze? Do you need to consider any cable de-rating factors? Will the exceed allowable volt drop? Can you adequately support the cable for the route? Enough spare ways in db? Are you competent to issue EIC certification? Just a few variables to get you started!

Fair point!

Nice one pal! :clapping:

Fair point!
Matey I took courses to do your trade soon realised it was a waste of time, each man to his own trade is my motto, I no longer try and pretend I'm an A.C Engineer, don't pretend to be an Electrician, it doesn't work. I'll just slap a 10mm in, Jesus wept.

Hello!

Im an AC/Fridge Engineer just gone Sole Trader.

So Im trying to price up an AC install package for Domestic and Commercial Customers and im scratching my head when in comes to the cost of wiring some Twin & Earth from the Distribution Board to an Isolator on the Outdoor unit.

First of all, im assuming only an Electrician is legally allowed to do this?

Secondly, how much you ussually charge?

Many Thanks,

Kane

Hi Kane and welcome to the Forum !
I'm sure someone could assist you with this work on a sub contract basis, if that'd help?

Really would need more detail, how long is the run? What is the load? What is the route going through i.e. walls floors how high/low. You say domestic/commercial do you mean two jobs or are the properties combined? What supply is it coming from? Pictures would help. I mean if I said to you - I need some AC in this property you going to want to see it and estimate etc. Likewise, need more details to give you a realistic figure. However saying that assuming it's fairly normal properties etc. I guess £200-300 ish should do it.

It's site specific....you can't have an average cost. Obsolete boards and circuit breakers, bonding, containment, capacity in or on existing containment, fire proof supports, adequate capacity, supplies to ceiling or wall mounded cassettes and so on. It's not a case of popping up a few ceiling tiles and seeing how far you can chuck a cable using your cable rod as a javelin.

Reply to Query - Distribution Board to Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net