Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Question about outside Lights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RacerA3

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys/Girls

Heres the problem I currently have and Outdoor RCD double socket outlet on the side of the house. I have garden lighting transformer and control unit (Low Voltage) plugged into this. The thing is however it requires me to go outside to turn the lights on. Id like to have a switch to turn the lights on from inside the kitchen. I was justing wondering how you would this ?

Many Thanks

P

PAUL M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you not reroute the circuit that feeds your socket so it is switched via a fused spur in the kitchen.

R

RacerA3

Id considered that but the room has just had new wall paper put up and im not 100% where the socket is fed from, i think it spurs off the kitchen ring. Also ive only got room for a single gang back box.

Many thanks for the reply Paul.

Could i take power to a switched spur. Via a Lead plugged into the RCD socket? Or if i fitted a RCBO take power (spur) from the outside socket ?

Also the consumer Unit is pre-split load boards

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rumrunner

Why not just pull the cable back thouch the hole ,fit a switched spur and re feed the outside socket ,sounds to simple,maybee im missing something
good luck

4x4 mark

find which socket its fed from, if its spured off there will be three cables in the socket, then either put a spur next to the socket or change the socket for a spur if its only a single. other option are change a double box to a dual box so you can have a spur and a single socket without much work involved

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
get a remote lighting kit, can control 4+ circuits

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Question about outside Lights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom