Discuss Quick question about bonding! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Just did a "mock" EICR on a friends place and found no bonding to incoming gas and water.

Am I allowed to use a single piece of 10mm to bond both of them back to the MET, or does it have to be 2 separate runs? Fairly sure 1 run is ok, but just wanted to be sure!

Sorry for the amateurish question!

one bonding conductor is adequate ......dont cut it at the first point (BS951 clamp)...just bare the sheath of....expose enough copper to wrap around the screw termination......then its on to the second clamp......keep it continious...then when old wetpants comes along and starts disconnecting pipework without a care in the world...you still have continuity to the furthest point on the string...
Happy days...

by the way as well....if you ever find a single bonding conductor being used for more than 1 service....and it isn`t continuous from the 1st point (as has been described above)...or alternatively it hasn`t been jointed with copper crimps (lugs) at the first point onwards.....then thats an instant (2)....

by the way as well....if you ever find a single bonding conductor being used for more than 1 service....and it isn`t continuous from the 1st point (as has been described above)...or alternatively it hasn`t been jointed with copper crimps (lugs) at the first point onwards.....then thats an instant (2)....

I have to disagree. BS 7671 does not state it has to be one continuous cable and only in the guidance notes does the continuous cable become a recommendation.

I have to disagree. BS 7671 does not state it has to be one continuous cable and only in the guidance notes does the continuous cable become a recommendation.

I agree that you disagree, this is good practice rather than a regulation-i'd be looking at a code 3 if anything.

I agree that you disagree, this is good practice rather than a regulation-i'd be looking at a code 3 if anything.

I agree with you! lol

This is something that should be far clearer.

How anyone can give a C2 for non continuous bonding...........

I agree with you! lol

This is something that should be far clearer.

How anyone can give a C2 for non continuous bonding...........
well...shows you how wrong you can be..lol....
saying that though...i looked at a recent PIR that had a single bonding conductor down as a (1)....lol...
Well...(3) it is then...lol...

Busmans holiday Mark.

Still got the garage sockets to do.

And the brick lights.

And the power down to the shed.

And the socket in the end garage so the wife doesnt have to run an extension for the exercise bike.

And the outside lights (bought last year, cables there)

Busmans holiday Mark.

Still got the garage sockets to do.

And the brick lights.

And the power down to the shed.

And the socket in the end garage so the wife doesnt have to run an extension for the exercise bike.

And the outside lights (bought last year, cables there)

Women hey
Minds not how much effort you make there's no pleasing them sometimes

There is no limit for the resistance of main protective bonding.
got me worried then, i haven't heard of this reg either but then again ive only just got around to ordering bgb and on site guide.
i have got outside lights to do
change cu
wire in cooker( without 1 for a year now)
sockets to island and switches to lights
she just told me she wants decking outside and build a front drive gate
finish off on suite in one bedroom
put together childs playhouse

getting depressed now, a million other things as well.
and i ask her to lie on her back for twenty minutes and guess what response i get!,,,,

maybe 10 minutes

Since when?

There never was, a passage in Guidance Note 3 concerned with supplementary bonding confirmation between metallic parts is often mistaken to refer to main protective bonding-you have to read it 5 times to understand it ;)

no.. the adiabatic is for earthing conductors.

Reply to Quick question about bonding! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock