Discuss Quinetic WiFi Wireless Receiver in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good Eveing guys!

Just wanted some advise on the Quinetic WiFi Wireless Receiver.

I have installed 5 of the units in a property in Harrow which was grade 2 listed. the client wanted a chandeliers installed but wanted them to be switched independently! can't chase the walls to add an extra switch line as it was grade two listed so I chose to install the Quinetic WiFi Wireless Receiver.

It has been two weeks and the client has called and said that two of the units have stop working! The chandeliers are LED so there is no problem for load.

Has any one had this problem before as I have been informed that the units are of high quality and very reliable.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Should be perfect then. I've seen some that have tons of lamps and I'd be worried about inrush. Two thoughts - check fuse in receiver is ok and attempt to re-pair it with its switch. And perhaps try to swap pairings etc.

Should be perfect then. I've seen some that have tons of lamps and I'd be worried about inrush. Two thoughts - check fuse in receiver is ok and attempt to re-pair it with its switch. And perhaps try to swap pairings etc.

The unit has power, when switched on the red light on the unit lights up but no power on the out put!

How are you switching them via a switch or a fob, do you have the wireless units that also connect to the wifi network at the house or the standard units, if you do have you tried the app on a phone to switch them on and off, also they may have lost their sync/connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you switching them via a switch or a fob, as you have the wireless units have you tried the app on a phone to switch them on and off, also they may have lost their sync/connection.

It is switched from a MK type switch and the app as well! but no joy!

Thinking that the unit has gone faulty! just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone before! I love the product but don't want to pitch it to customers if the unit goes bad after a month or so!

not seen it with quinetic, but some receivers crash in either the on or off state. dropping the supply to them reboots. if so, it's a fault and you should get replacements. the ones i seen are cheap as chips from china so not worth the effort of trying for replacement. i just buy another

I have been using the standard quinetic switches for years and never had any issues with them, haven't tried the WiFi ones yet as not been asked but would like to hope they are just as robust. I would have to agree with @telectrix try resetting the units first.

As above reset the unit and how are they set up with MK switches as I use a wireless/wifi unit for my garden lights sync'd with two fobs with no issues at all.

Reply to Quinetic WiFi Wireless Receiver in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock