Discuss Quinetic wireless kit (can it be used with photocell) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

supply L & N to the receiver from the photocell. so you have feed to photocell, then after dark feed to receiver, only then will the switch activate the light.

I would do it the other way round and provide the receiver with the permanent power. Depending on which receiver you use it may require permanent power (the WiFi enabled units for example). I'm not sure how long the receivers retain any data without power for long periods.

I would do it the other way round and provide the receiver with the permanent power. Depending on which receiver you use it may require permanent power (the WiFi enabled units for example). I'm not sure how long the receivers retain any data without power for long periods.
probably a better way. trial and error maybe useful.
[automerge]1568187149[/automerge]
That ok? Was having a moment

View attachment 52070
looks like the receiver will override the ptotocell done like that. you need to feed Lout from receiver to photocell, then to lights.your pic shows S/L from receiver directto lights.

First pic is if I want to override the photocell with switch
Second pic is if I want to just control the photocell so when it’s dark lights come on and go off when light or when receiver switch is off

Quinetic wireless kit (can it be used with photocell) 1DFB5829-B4B4-4EFD-8A30-205E2B19A96D - EletriciansForums.net

forget that, not woke up properly yet.

I think the second version would be ok. The receiver controls everything downline from it. Never used Quinetic with a photocell though, but i think it would work...basically, power up the receiver with the switch, and then the photocell acts as a secondary switch. Coincidentally, I was doing a demo with my Quinetic demo kit this morning. It has been in its box for at least 6 months without any power to it, and the switch did not need to be paired again, it just worked...out of the box, so to speak.

Reply to Quinetic wireless kit (can it be used with photocell) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock