Discuss quotes for solar in a new build. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking to have a solar system installed with battery storage. I am in a new build semi-detached property in Kent, so therefore electrics are all new with 25mm tails and 100 amps incoming fuse. Also, as this is a new build I do not know if due to the warranty period if I can have solar installed. Also at present, you cannot find the property on google maps.

I also cannot see any sign of earth bonding at the water or gas meter, unless it's behind cupboards,

The front of the house faces southeast at 120 degrees, and my usage in a 24 hours period is 5 Kwa

But this will increase soon as I am getting an electric car.

I am looking to get a quote for this but has anyone got any idea what I can expect to pay?

I am looking for a system which with the help of the battery would mean I would have 0 electric bill.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am looking to have a solar system installed with battery storage. I am in a new build semi-detached property in Kent, so therefore electrics are all new with 25mm tails and 100 amps incoming fuse. Also, as this is a new build I do not know if due to the warranty period if I can have solar installed. Also at present, you cannot find the property on google maps.

I also cannot see any sign of earth bonding at the water or gas meter, unless it's behind cupboards,

The front of the house faces southeast at 120 degrees, and my usage in a 24 hours period is 5 Kwa

I am looking to get a quote for this but has anyone got any idea what I can expect to pay?

I am looking for a system which with the help of the battery would mean I would have 0 electric bill.

Can't help on the solar, but you most likely won't need bonding as the incoming gas and water will probably be plastic.

Don't think you'll get much change out of ten grand.

Also, you'll never have 0 electric bill as you'll still have to pay your standing charge - most solar solutions still need an AC supply in order to run the inverter. On a domestic solar set up you'll also struggle to get enough panels on the roof to give you totally free electric when winter rolls in. It will greatly diminish your bills, i just want you to have realistic expectations.

Don't think you'll get much change out of ten grand.

Also, you'll never have 0 electric bill as you'll still have to pay your standing charge - most solar solutions still need an AC supply in order to run the inverter. On a domestic solar set up you'll also struggle to get enough panels on the roof to give you totally free electric when winter rolls in. It will greatly diminish your bills, i just want you to have realistic expectations.
Thanks for your input. I am only at the early stages of this. so thanks again.

Reply to quotes for solar in a new build. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net