Discuss RAK Resort LED Mirror with Demister Pad and Shaver Socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just bought a flat and in it is the above named mirror in the bathroom.

Only problem is that the light isn’t working! When we looked around the lights worked, I know that the electric was turned off throughout the flat until the day we moved in.

I have one in each of the bathrooms and they are both not working.

I can’t seem to find any information online so thought I’d come on here to see if anyone could help.

The only out from the mirror is a shaver socket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• RAK Resort LED Mirror with Demister Pad and Shaver Socket image - EletriciansForums.net
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 26
  • RAK Resort LED Mirror with Demister Pad and Shaver Socket image - EletriciansForums.net
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 27
Normally they have a sensor underneath which turns the light on, run your hand underneath and listen for a click if you hear that then sensor is good, the fault must be with the driver (assuming power is going to the mirror)

Maybe there is a common isolator for both mirrors ? Failing that i think you are going to have to get a professional to test for power .
Thanks. Can’t seem to find an isolator anywhere so looks like it’ll have to be a professional if we want them to work! Cheers for your help.

A few scenarios

There is possibly an isolator switch turned off which could be found by ringing the installer (details on test certificate)

Maybe the property sale required testing after you viewed the lights working . A 500 volt IR test could have damaged the internal components .

Both mirrors have failed which is the most unlikely of the 3 but does happen .

You say when you first looked around the place that the lights worked - do you mean the lights on these two cabinets worked, or just the normal room lights?

You say when you first looked around the place that the lights worked - do you mean the lights on these two cabinets worked, or just the normal room lights?
The lights on the cabinets worked when we looked around. It was probably around August
[automerge]1574775147[/automerge]
A few scenarios

There is possibly an isolator switch turned off which could be found by ringing the installer (details on test certificate)

Maybe the property sale required testing after you viewed the lights working . A 500 volt IR test could have damaged the internal components .

Both mirrors have failed which is the most unlikely of the 3 but does happen .
Thanks for this. My personal non electrical opinion is that there has been damage so likely is number two. I will have a hunt around and see if anyone has the installer info as on looking I can’t seem to find.

An isolator will most likely be outside the bathroom, could be above the door, or low down next to a socket in the hallway or something. Or could even be in a cupboard somewhere. It will most likely look like this if there is one:

https://www.screwflix..com/p/schneider-electric-lisse-13a-switched-fused-connection-unit-white/7651j

It's worth having a good hunt round.

Reply to RAK Resort LED Mirror with Demister Pad and Shaver Socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock