• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss RCD trip time greater than 300ms in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Got sent this, RCD Failed x1 greater than 300ms maybe if they changed the supply at top of RCD, currently have neutral on the left and line in the right , also the RCD is fed from 63Amp MCB is that all good just feeding an RCBO 30ma board

Attachments

• RCD trip time greater than 300ms D5D738F1-C8A6-4261-B22C-A85846766D56 - EletriciansForums.net
    D5D738F1-C8A6-4261-B22C-A85846766D56.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 41
that's a time delay RCD. and MK RCDs are generally L on right.

read mylast post.MK RCDs are normaally that way round.

read here:
https://---------------/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=42247

Hi - does it trip on the test button or when ramped?
Just FYI, Table 3A has the range of values for 100mA RCDs (and others), non-delayed up to 300ms and S up to 500ms.

Who sent you the picture? What was the reason for their visit?

Hi guys, my mate sent me it and it’s an upfront RCD for DB in a farm yard (TT) he went through how he tested it as he has brand new tester (Martindale) a similar version to mine and he didn’t flick through the settings and put S which is time delayed, hence why it was saying failed X1 eventually tripped at 310ms so all good

Reply to RCD trip time greater than 300ms in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back