Discuss re-wiring house, basic information needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

traker

-
Reaction score
Hi
Can someone explain me step by step what electrician should do before he will start work in house.
I found the electrical work should be registered at local authority.
But an electrician told me he dosen't have to do this.
In house he will installing new distribution board, re-wiring all circuits, add one new circuit.
Do we need new electrical layout plan for this job?
Does he should registered this job before start it ?
What documents we will need from him to sell this house ?
Thx for your answer.

it needs an EIC ( elec. installation cert.) anf also notifying to your local building control. easiest way is if the installer is niceic or 1 of the other schemes. if he is in a scheme, notification is done after, within 30 days. i'd get at least 2 quotes. i'd be happy to oblige. ( mate is niceic and approved for notification ).

if you use a non-registered electrician, notification has to be done before starting and will cost you an extra £300.

Don't you trust your electrician? Why agree for him to do the work. I wouldn't give you an itinerary with which to check if your electrician is doing the work correctly. I hope the electrician picks up on your distrust and advises you to get someone else.

Hi
Can someone explain me step by step what electrician should do before he will start work in house.
In house he will installing new distribution board, re-wiring all circuits, add one new circuit.
Thx for your answer.
Notify the LABC
Part P
EIC Electrical Installation Certificate
It would be an advantage if he was registered with one of the CP Schemes, but no problem if he isn't it will just cost you the fee of notifying the LABC
Think that's all others will add if required

Does what he has quoted for match what you want?
I presume you discussed what you required when he came round to do the quote.

If you are part of CPS then no you don't need to notify the scheme will and the Part P compliance will automagically get to the distrustful one.
ot does need to be notified. whether thriugh a scheme or not. mypoint was the electrician telling OP that notification to labc is not needed.

if he meant that he doesn't need to inform labc before, then OK, but OP needs then to ensure that he can notify through a scheme.

I rewired my house a few years back do I need to notify anyone and is it good practice to re crimp the lead seal on the funny cable that goes in the hole for the main fuse?

Hang on be back in a sec as the smoke alarm has gone off..........

I rewired my house a few years back do I need to notify anyone and is it good practice to re crimp the lead seal on the funny cable that goes in the hole for the main fuse?

Hang on be back in a sec as the smoke alarm has gone off..........
Them damn seal fairies have been out eating fuse seals again.. they are worse than moths eating your wardrobe contents..

Hi
Thx for your answer.
  1. If he is a member of a scheme he will notify the job after completion not before starting.
  2. Electrical layout??? surely you discussed what you want
  3. he does not need to register before starting
  4. he will give you a certificate when the works are completed
  5. do you not trust him?

Reply to re-wiring house, basic information needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock