Discuss Reasonable quotes for new-installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am trying to quote a job,
Small commercial kitchen/cafe/takeaway with a 3phase supply.
New 3 phase board, supplying 7 new circuits, all single phase.
1 ring with 16 double sockets.
5 radial circuits for larger appliances
1 lighting circuit
Most of it is being done in SWA
Close to 100m of cable all in
Some cable tray

usually I’m working for someone else so I don’t deal with purchasing and quoting.

What would ball park for this work and materials be I have done my math but want to compare

You are going to install a single ring final circuit for all the general socket outlets and a single lighting circuit?

Price the materials, add a markup.
Work out the labour costs. (This is the part that is easy to underestimate).
Add a bit for contingencies.

Most Ring Final Circuits must then not comply throughout the British Isles as 16 sockets is standard on an RFC pretty well universally @westward10 It does say in regs that any amount of sockets is acceptable on a RFC. Looking at recommended sockets at safety first org they even encourage the same amount. Am I missing something?

Most Ring Final Circuits must then not comply throughout the British Isles as 16 sockets is standard on an RFC pretty well universally @westward10 It does say in regs that any amount of sockets is acceptable on a RFC. Looking at recommended sockets at safety first org they even encourage the same amount. Am I missing something?

If 16 sockets are being used by equipment that has an amount of earth leakage then the recommended leakage figure for a single RCD could well be exceeded. Admittedly only a few of the sockets may be in use, but it seems sensible to me to split them into 2 circuits.

Reply to Reasonable quotes for new-installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net