Discuss Red light flashish fast on dash but engine not turning over in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2011 Renault clio 1.6 16valve. I have a problem. When I turn the ignition on my vehicle the engine does not turn at all and the red light on the dash flickers.

I have changed my ecu, fuse box, key bateries, tried with both my keys, changed the crank sensor and still the same issue exists.

I had people over to look at the car but not could tell me what exactly is wrong.

You need a decent garage with diagnostic equipment instead of changing things at random.
I had a couple of people plugging in a diagnostics and not one could accurately predict the exact problem. One guy indicated that it is the ecu and the other one said it was the fuse box but both have been changed. Someone on another forum said that my key is picked up but my ecu is preventing the engine to start in order to protect it.

@Martin8601 I had an old MK 2 or 3 clio and it did similar when the immobiliser went wrong, as above just get it diagnosed at Renault, the expense of the diag will be saved in time and money you save swapping things you dont need to.
I had a couple of people plugging in a diagnostics and not one could accurately predict the exact problem. One guy indicated that it is the ecu and the other one said it was the fuse box but both have been changed. Someone on another forum said that my key is picked up but my ecu is preventing the engine to start in order to protect it.

An ecu needs to be paired with the keys,
Most 3rd party diagnostic kits will not allow you to reprogram keys registered with the ecu for security reasons.

As above, you are best to put your hand in your pocket on this one and send it to a main dealer.

Reply to Red light flashish fast on dash but engine not turning over in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net