Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Reference method / routing guidance for cable on a wall with 25mm Celotex in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I wonder if anyone could assist with this query please ? I am a newbie, so any guidance or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

I need to run a ring final partly against a wall with internal 25mm Celotex type insulation. The additional Celotex being needed due to reduced cavity insulation. Diagram below ! Also fyi, the Celotex and board are separate, not ‘backed’.

I’m trying to decide whether to “1”- clip to the thermal block, flush (with capping), under the Celotex; or “2”-go between Celotex and board, and consider the respective pro’s and con’s of each. …or any other options ?

I’m not 100% sure from the BBB what the reference method would be for the first route. Possibly 103 ? which would affect my ccc somewhat.

Taking route 2 would (might?) need me to channel slightly into the Celotex which is also frowned upon. ….What would you do ?

upload_2019-5-30_11-22-59.png

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If the cables are clipped to the thermalite block work then it is more like reference method C , as one side of the cable can loose its heat through the block work and into the cavity of the wall , the cable is not touching one side of the plasterboard in a cavity wall nor is it completely surrounded by insulation in a cavity wall.

Appendix 4 might give a different reference method so it’s worth having a look at it.

Last edited:

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
As per @Charlie_ and @Ian1981, I also prefer route 1 against the block work. IMHO this looks most like method 102, which is suficientemente bueno. I think route 2 looks most like method 3, which is no está bien :) .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the cables are clipped to the thermalite block work then it is more like reference method C , as one side of the cable can loose its heat through the block work and into the cavity of the wall , the cable is not touching one side of the plasterboard in a cavity wall nor is it completely surrounded by insulation in a cavity wall.

Appendix 4 might give a different reference method so it’s worth having a look at it.
Thanks Ian, I'll have another check over App 4 too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As per @Charlie_ and @Ian1981, I also prefer route 1 against the block work. IMHO this looks most like method 102, which is suficientemente bueno. I think route 2 looks most like method 3, which is no está bien :) .
Cheers Wilko, and thanks for the Spanish lesson too. I rarely get beyond "dos cervezas por favor"

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Reference method / routing guidance for cable on a wall with 25mm Celotex in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom