Discuss Removing a knockout in an older box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

pfps823

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
DIYer here with I think a super simple question. I'm trying to remove a knockout in an electric box. Tried tapping from both sides with a hammer and screwdriver but no luck. Seems like an older box. Definitely looks more solid than what I see today for sale. Any ideas on how to remove? Photos attached from both sides.
Thanks much!
Peter

Attachments

• Removing a knockout in an older box IMG_2640.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_2640.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Removing a knockout in an older box IMG_2641.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_2641.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 69
Hi,
DIYer here with I think a super simple question. I'm trying to remove a knockout in an electric box. Tried tapping from both sides with a hammer and screwdriver but no luck. Seems like an older box. Definitely looks more solid than what I see today for sale. Any ideas on how to remove? Photos attached from both sides.
Thanks much!
Peter
Don't think it's knock out Mate, more likely a screwed conduit entry point, see the screwdriver slot in the pic from the outside.

Not sure about the solidity of those fixing screws...even if it was a knockout, and I'm with Pete999 on that, you'd knock it off its fixing if you tried

Looks like it's got a slot in the blank, try big flat screwdriver and unscrew it.
Like Pete says.
If not drill a couple of small holes side by side and hammer a flat screwdiver in and twist.

Hi,
Thanks much!
Peter
Peter there is nothing to knoc out if you look on the sides of the box you will see 1/2 screw seals just take a screw driver and screw one of them out so you can use that hole

Peter there is nothing to knoc out if you look on the sides of the box you will see 1/2 screw seals just take a screw driver and screw one of them out so you can use that hole
Is this me you are talking to Mike?

Reply to Removing a knockout in an older box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock