Discuss Rental Property Regs for CCU in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
In the process of doing an EICR for a rental property (probably an HMO).

Really old CCU that has exposed live parts once the lid is removed and so would need to be super careful testing as there is no other isolation except the 100A tagged fuse.

Don’t feel comfortable doing any further tests because of the safety nature (am I a wimp).

But it occurred to me that surely this should definately be a new board upgrade job if it’s in a HMO property?

Thoughts??

Did you take any pics? Of the CU that is.....

Yes you’re right.

No isolation other than tagged fuse which I’m sure some may just pull but I’m trying to do things by the book. So incoming expose live terminal too close for confort to where I would be removing neutrals etc..

Does that sound like a reasonable decision to make?

In the process of doing an EICR for a rental property (probably an HMO).

Really old CCU that has exposed live parts once the lid is removed and so would need to be super careful testing as there is no other isolation except the 100A tagged fuse.

Don’t feel comfortable doing any further tests because of the safety nature (am I a wimp).

But it occurred to me that surely this should definately be a new board upgrade job if it’s in a HMO property?

Thoughts??
Do the EICR, note everything on the EICR report form, plus as a Bum covering excercise, list all salient dangerous findings, and your recommendations in a covering letter, copies of the Report, recommendations and your covering letter to the Land Lord and the Tennant, if you are a member of a scam wouldn't hurt to bung them a copy as well, it may help.

Copy to client is all that is required.
OK I was just thinking how much the OP was / is
concerned, the more people informed of the issues, the more fuss you can make, but yes you are completely correct, just one copy to the client is the requirement.

Just do a proper EICR and submit out with your invoice ......

What exactly is the problem, just turn off the main switch on the fuse board

Just do a proper EICR and submit out with your invoice ......

What exactly is the problem, just turn off the main switch on the fuse board
As soon as the Sparky closes the door on his way switch will be back in the on postion, cut the seal and pull the fuse, how dare you Pet999 go stand in the naughty corner,

Reply to Rental Property Regs for CCU in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock