Discuss Replacing Bticino door intercom (5 wires) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Having to replace all the fixings in an empty flat for a landlord next week, and they also want the intercom changing - apparently the dirty brown colour is no longer in fashion.....

This is the existing unit and wiring - a Bticino with 5 wires and appears to be ELV AC, but I have very little experience with door intercoms. It's over an hours drive so I want to be sure I get something that will work and prepare.

Replacing Bticino door intercom (5 wires) intercom - Copy - EletriciansForums.net Replacing Bticino door intercom (5 wires) intercom wiring - Copy - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone able to identify it under the grime so I can try and find a wiring diagram or able to point me in the direction of a compatible one I can get off the shelf at a decent wholesaler?

Looks like this discontinued model:

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Bticino 334202 old style 5 wire Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

There is a newer version available, though Rexel used to do a universal 5 wire handset on the shelf. Not sure if they still do.
Ah yes that appears to be it thanks. Looks like they've kept the same code but moved the buttons...

There is a Rexel very close to the job so might investigate them. Probably easier if I can match number for number with the wiring - naturally building management were no help at all.

Reply to Replacing Bticino door intercom (5 wires) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock