Discuss Replacing shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Was wondering how many sparks when asked to replace/install new shower do the complete job(plumbing work as well as electrical).

I've quite happily installed the lot in my own house but I can't imagine my PL insurance covers me if i caused a leak in a customers property.
Obviously the proper way would be to get plumber and spark in at the same time but that's one hell of an expensive shower replacement for Mrs Jones.
I always retro-fit Triton T80Z Fast Fit. Virtually every possibility for cable & water entries, plus the water inlet swivels right & left on delivery - you fix it the side you need it. Means unusual to have to faff with water pipe. In addition, this model is designed for retro-fit and so the casing covers up most other make electric showers.
I also have domestic plumbing as a secondary trade for my PL insurance. Also have C&G pipeskills - it was only 5 day course. Covers me all round.

you know what...
just reading some of this..

i cant believe theres some in here that cant connect a friggin pipe up....without thinking its going to pis out all over the place...

i have installed umpteen showers...on domestic & commercial (hotels, guesthouses etc)...not one of em leaked...i didn`t get called back and the customers were happy....

its all about using common sense...not re-using old olives (as i have witnessed some do) and generally thinking about what you are doing...

come on..it aint hard..... or is it?

Reply to Replacing shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I found myself needing to do some emergency plumbing at home this evening. I've got a small guest flat on my property which has been empty for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the middle of purchasing a small 1 bed flat in England, and have been sent a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate by the...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Run into this today at a house my nephew is moving into.... Original Dolphin 860 Shower (8600W) installed on 6mm Twin and Earth - maybe 15m...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock