Discuss Request advice: anti tilt switches in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did a search and can't find anything in BS7671 about tilt switches.
Are you concerned that if a heater falls over it will catch fire or something?

Please: do the regulations say that heaters must have A-T switches?
Maybe some types of heater? Thank you.
Are you talking about static heaters or portable heaters if it's the later I doubt you will find much in BS7671 most likely find the info you require in the CoP ISITEE (PAT CoP)

You'll have to look at the relevant BS publication for the types of heater. The BS number should be on the heater somewhere.

Are you talking about static heaters or portable heaters if it's the later I doubt you will find much in BS7671 most likely find the info you require in the CoP ISITEE (PAT CoP)
Nothing to do with PAT. Manufacturing standards would be more relevant.

Many even cheap ones have some form of Tilt/lift switch and thermal cutouts for poor air flow in posher models.
(Unattended use is always risky with curtains / posters on walls ..and earth tremmors from fracking!)

(Status--call me Mr Doom today!)

Reply to Request advice: anti tilt switches in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening Gents just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently moved into a house with electric storage heaters and am looking to replace them with electric radiators. Gas and oil are not viable...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock