Discuss Rewiring flat with concrete everywhere. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would try to convince them to drop the ceilings. If they say no, you have three options:

1. Walk away.
2. Take the job and subby it out so you don't have to deal with the hassle of actually doing the job, make a small bit on the side from it.
3. Think of a number, quadruple it, add 50%, double it, and then put your (day rate x days) equation on top, and charge that.

I'd do 3.

@james the spark , it would be useful to know if there is any depth of plaster on the ceiling. If deep enough, chasing in wouldn't be a problem from a structural point of view. Maybe, with your client's consent, drill an exploratory hole to see what is there?

My neighbours down stairs had similar work done. Mid 60's flat, in pyro, the socket circuit was rewired. The sparks chased the cables round the walls at just below ceiling level, but in the process also managed to cut a cable to the light switch in one room. I only glanced at it in passing, but when they replaced this, they had neatly chased the cable into the ceiling.

Invisible cable is very expensive at the moment.
I have a big box of it if you want to make me an offer.
Probably about 600m left but it’s hard to tell exactly.

Have tested it, insulation resistance is perfect but there must be a break in it somewhere as the end to end resistance is off the scale high.

£300 or near offer?

Reply to Rewiring flat with concrete everywhere. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Some advice please as I think that the flat below mine is being rewired by someone who isn’t qualified. The small basement flat below...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Looking at a job tomorrow evening for a new 5 bed house +granny flat over a basement floor+ground. In my initial phone call to the client-...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
Z
Has anyone come across this problem and is there any way around it other than pulling down the ceilings ? first floor flat, concrete floor...
Replies
Views
P
Morning gents, New to the site! Looking for a little advice from the old boys on how to tackle this job. We were asked to quote a job in North...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock