Currently reading:
Rewiring my own house

Discuss Rewiring my own house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

don Logan

Hello, i've rewired my own house. I'm fully qualified but not Part P. I've done it properly to the letter and have tested it. To the letter...

I'm gonna get my Part P mate to sign it off.

What do i need to do about building control? It's ok to say that i did the work and that a Part P electrician came and tested it and signed it off, isn't it?

If not, then what should i have legally done? Payed someone 3 grand to do the work that i could have easily done myself?

What happens when i sell the house if i don't say anything to BC, but still get my mate to sign it off?

Surely i'm allowed to do what i want with my own electrics in my own house?

As it goes, i've made it a thousand times safer by geting rid of the horrors that i found (socket radial wired off of the boiler thermostat, bare twisted together joints, cables ran with heating pipes inside the lagging, no earth in the lighting, no gas/water bonding, etc, etc.)

Do i just need to tell BC that it's been rewired and tested by a Part P electrician? I don't really know much about this as i've been working on industrial plant for the last 6 years...

Cheers.

Reply to Rewiring my own house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock