Discuss Right then this "Credit Crunch" thing in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Carter

Thought the subject warranted a bit more consideration and I'm still waiting for Rummy to back up anything he's said thus far on the subject with anything approaching reasoned argument. Like it or not this one's going to hurt gentlemen. I hope the following helps folks understand the what/who/how of the massive con trick and wholesale fraud that sits at the root of the current predicament.

Won't bore you chaps with a wordy fisking of Alistair "whack-a-mole" Darling because frankly he ain't the real problem although he and his fellow travellers are in my view staring at a rope's end for their supine cowardice self serving stupidity. Try this for size....

The con-trick of Fractional Reserve Banking
I Want the Earth Plus 5%. The truth about money, credit and the deficit

Last edited by a moderator:
credit crunch, resession etc etc, thing is we cant do anything about it, we just gotta plod on and get on with it. i dont really wanna know much more about the dodgy dealings and what goes on in the financial institutions etc, cos we cant do anything about it. i dont like the idea of bailing the banks out cos who bails us out when it goes ---- up but i guess we need a banking system or were even more shagged.

I wish everyone would shut up about this so called recession, and bloody credit 'crunch'.

If we all stopped going on about it then its less likely happen. Spread optimism, not negativity.

Yes governments, banks, media etc are corrupt. Always will be !

Spudster is right.
Speaking to a chap from the city & his words were
"what credit crunch, it's only gonna happen if the media keep on about it"

Yep, I can't see the credit crunch either.

Just in the process of buying a house, have 2 cars. Not short of cash. Not loaded either. Shopping is cheap. Holiday twice a year.

Media bollox methinks!

Bit like the Northern Rock shenanigans. Wasn't half as bad as the media made out but that cause a panic that in turn DID make things out as bad as they seemed.

Trying to do same thing with HBOS now.

Thought the subject warranted a bit more consideration and I'm still waiting for Rummy to back up anything he's said thus far on the subject with anything approaching reasoned argument.

We seem to agree on quite a lot ,try studying Charles Manson my politics are very similar ;)

I wish everyone would shut up about this so called recession, and bloody credit 'crunch'.

If we all stopped going on about it then its less likely happen. Spread optimism, not negativity.

Yes governments, banks, media etc are corrupt. Always will be !

Well put! I was in the bank the other day paying off a few bills, got talking to the cashier who was trying to offer me a loan at the time. Asked how that was possible if there was such a massive credit crunch and his response was, if people asked their local banks rather than national tabloids they'd understand a lot more.

If we got rid of the media the world would be a far better place - just look at what they did for the Yanks in Vietnam! It was the media that lost the war not the troops.

All jornalists should be mad to suffer a long slow painful death.

If its all media hype ,why then has the goverment just risked 50bn of tax payers money in an effort to get the banks lending to each other again ,£2000 for each and every tax payer,its a good job weve got such a brilliant team in control or we would be doomed:)

agree totally...Its been non stop doom and gloom from the media and that has been the main reason for all the problems

I'm currently experiencing the busiest time i've had in 10 years, I've even had to give some work away and sub some stuff I don't want right now. I don't get it, but I guess its going to bite my --- anytime soon

only way its affected me is that i have had my house up for sale for ages..obviously noone is gonna buy with all the crap on the news!!!

I expect the media to get bored and move on to something else, all of a sudden millions of people sitting on deposits wanting a house and demand outstripping supply!

only way its affected me is that i have had my house up for sale for ages..obviously noone is gonna buy with all the crap on the news!!!

I expect the media to get bored and move on to something else, all of a sudden millions of people sitting on deposits wanting a house and demand outstripping supply!

Don't see it. Have had 40 grand wiped off my ouse in 6 months. Am actually in a situation where my house is worth 20 grand less than the damn mortgage. If I saw GBrown I would shove a hot poker in his arse!

i'm no expert (on anything) but surely the whole market is based on confidence; a bit too much and everyone gets a bit Gungho, a bit too little and everyone starts sh1tting themselves and before you know it the papers are telling us because they need to sell something short term that we are all financially sh4fted. If everyone calmed down and stopped bush brown and anyone else with a name beginning with B becoming a national leader we'ed be OK (probably) and O'Bama is not the first Black Irish candidate

Don't see it. Have had 40 grand wiped off my ouse in 6 months. Am actually in a situation where my house is worth 20 grand less than the damn mortgage. If I saw GBrown I would shove a hot poker in his arse!

Dont see what?

houyse is only worth what people are willing to pay and at the moment that is nothing!, does that mean your house is worthless? this country is full of sheep and if the media tells them not to buy they wont...as soon as the media shuts up for five minutes then people will buy again.

the people dropping the house prices are the people desperate to get out (poor sods) and are giving them away..investors are rubbing their hands together!! if everyone doesnt panic and the interest rates stay sensible then we will recover from this...but who knows

If its all media hype ,why then has the goverment just risked 50bn of tax payers money in an effort to get the banks lending to each other again ,£2000 for each and every tax payer,its a good job weve got such a brilliant team in control or we would be doomed:)

Erm it's actually £500,000,000,000 (five hundred billion!) working out at about £21,000 each. Essentially a third of the country's annual work/productive output is now diverted into this underwriting of the banking system. In fact what they've done ("after full consultation" :mad:) is borrow it against the supposed future viability of the most vulnerable banks! If they survive we get the money back (yeah right!) if they don't then they've basically saddled my son with even more debt before he's even started school! Nice one eh? What a total and complete f*ck up! If I knew this was going to happen as a layman how the hell did it slip under the nose of the treasury team, the FSA, the banking ombudsman, the city 'regulators' and all those other venal userers who nominally call themselves "the experts".
All of OUR WORK no matter how small has to be rigourously tested before use and before we are allowed to state that it is complete, 'fit for purpose' and we can then say WE have done our jobs competently! These arseholes have absolutely no effective quality control system yet they are allowed to play with the future of a whole nation not running a f*cking spur!!! We give them money to burn and then give them the bloody matches, we must be mental!

It is often remarked that you could strip a banker of every penny he has but if you leave the b@stard a fountain pen he'll have the lot back (through the con trick of fractional reserve banking) in a year.

Right tin hat on with full body armour. Without wishing to be the monger of doom and gloom, I think you'll find that the causes of this current crisis run a hell of alot deeper than a bit of media hype!

Basically the banks of the world are in deep doo doo. For the past decade they have created the biggest credit binge pyramid scheme the world has ever seen.The banks thought they had created a foolproof scheme whereby they could lend into infinity based on the ever increasing value of houses. This worked fine until people started to default on their mortgages in the US.

Unfortunately the clever masters of the universe had made their pyramid scheme global. The problem now is that no bank trusts another bank because no bank knows what bad debts another holds. No one knows who is the next bank going under. Therefore no bank wants to lend to another.I agree that it is a crisis of confidence but it is well founded IMHO. Christ a country went bankrupt yesterday.

The media are only reacting to what is happening they are not the cause. I have been following this situation for a year now and although I can't say I knew what was going to happen (who can) I knew that the current crisis COULD happen. And it's not over by a long shot. People should prepare themselves for a whole lot worse. This will make the 1990 recession look like a bad week at work.

I'm off to take shelter from all the flak coming at me:):)

Right then this "Credit Crunch" thing {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Right then this "Credit Crunch" thing in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock