Currently reading:
Rugby Fans

Discuss Rugby Fans in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes a good result for England, it was only just so lets not get carried away,

Yes mate the Italians played well and lets be honest they were a match for the sweaties in every department and only just lost

Of course once we get the new border installed the Scots will have a larger pool of players to choose from so their rugby and football teams should improve considerably :smile5: Could they get any worst??

Lets not get too carried away now, we last heard England were the "Daddies" after they beat NZ and we all know what happened thereafter. One sunny day doesn't make a summer ......
We are building for the world cup next year, I bet out of all the home nations we will go farther than the rest in that comp, our team is still very young, a few players under 20, the Jocks are finished, They look like my local pub sides seconds when they play, appalling side with a serious lack of talent unlike the Irish and Welsh who are very good teams, scotland for the wooden spoon.

We are building for the world cup next year, I bet out of all the home nations we will go farther than the rest in that comp.

On paper they should as they have the greater pool to pick from. Think I read there are something like 100,000 adults involved in union in England compared to circa 23,000 in Wales and 25,000 in Ireland??. Just have to hope they dont get carried away with their own hype .......

On paper they should as they have the greater pool to pick from. Think I read there are something like 100,000 adults involved in union in England compared to circa 23,000 in Wales and 25,000 in Ireland??. Just have to hope they dont get carried away with their own hype .......
I don't think we do to be fair Badge, I think the Scots think we do, My aunty June was in scotland on holiday once and said she would never go there again, heres why. She was out on a visit to a Scottish monument about one of your old kings, not sure which one, anyhow there was a teacher from a local Primary school there with a group of about 30 under 7 or 8 year old kids and this teacher was absolutely slagging off the English over a battle which happened cerntury's ago, it was so racial my auntie actually had to butt in and give the teacher a telling off, the teacher apologised and then told the class she didn't mean the English of today but the English 500 years ago, If your prImary school teachers are still teaching you lot about hatred towards us it is no wonder you always think the worse of us. Senario 2, she went into a pub with her husband, bearing in mind she is 75 years old, she was with a holiday coach holiday company showing us english the beauty of Scotland as tourists. In the back ground England were on the TV playing rugby, not sure who it was against at that time, the foul language coming from women in that bar appalled my aunty and so she decided she wanted to leave the pub. When she got up to walk out the landlord said goodbye to her and when she smiled back and said yes goodbye he then realised she was english, he then said to her I hope england lose today you are rubbish, she said how many world cups have you won? he was startled and she said we have won the Rugby, Football and Cricket world cups but I didn't have to mention it did I, he then said Fluck off get out of my pub. So imagine this then, a 75 year old gramdmother visiting your country, twice she experienced racism and foul and abusive language. I promise you this, if you came to glos, I would shake your hand, put you up on my sofa, take you to the rugby and show you all the sights and probably even refuse anything back in return, your accent wouldn't bother me nor your birth place. I think this crap between scotland and england is all in you Jocks head not ours. So regarding the Hype bit, We are just people in a normal country trying to compete and do our best, perhaps the hype bit is in your heads not ours, rant over, your still my M8 :heart:

HAHA, sorry, regarding Wales, I go there a hell of a lot as I am on the border really and I have a lot of banter with them but have never experienced hatred ever, that said the rugger is a tense game when we meet.

Agree with mdj about England building fot the world cup. But also the arrogance is gone out of english rugby under Lancaster which can only improve them. Bear in mind England's try yesterday was off the training ground in harlequins who are coached by irishman conor o shea. Us Irish are everywhere lol. ....

As for someones potato farmers response. Its comments like that tgat make peoole dislike the english. Thought we'd moved on from that. Leave that to the soccer games. Rugby was always about respect. Every team that comes to Dublin gets it.

.... regarding Wales ..... have never experienced hatred ever ......

Thats because you're only going to the "posh" places, you've obviously not been to the right areas of Wales, try up the valleys!

That said I went to my cousins wedding in outback North Wales country many moons ago and he dropped me at his local pub whilst he went to park the car. Not speaking Welsh (plus having an English accent) I attempted to order drinks from the barmaid in the Queens language but she only spoke back to me in Welsh, gesticulating she didnt understand what I wanted -- 2 pints of best Welsh bitter! As soon as my cousin came in, told her I was his Welsh cousin from the southern badlands she miraculously cheered up, spoke the queens English and served me! Just goes to show even the Welsh dont like each other ......

p.s. Ive no problems with the English, Scottish or Irish .... I just like to engage in lively banter with them!

I would just point at the pump and say give me 2 flucking pints of that bitch, I would be able to tell from her from of disgust whether she understood or not, and I have worked in wrexham on a job for a couple of months and never had any issues there TBH.

Thats because you're only going to the "posh" places, you've obviously not been to the right areas of Wales, try up the valleys!

That said I went to my cousins wedding in outback North Wales country many moons ago and he dropped me at his local pub whilst he went to park the car. Not speaking Welsh (plus having an English accent) I attempted to order drinks from the barmaid in the Queens language but she only spoke back to me in Welsh, gesticulating she didnt understand what I wanted -- 2 pints of best Welsh bitter! As soon as my cousin came in, told her I was his Welsh cousin from the southern badlands she miraculously cheered up, spoke the queens English and served me! Just goes to show even the Welsh dont like each other ......

p.s. Ive no problems with the English, Scottish or Irish .... I just like to engage in lively banter with them!

Did a course in North Wales, the guy giving it was from South Wales said that if the was a table for liking people then the English where above Southern Welsh as the Northern Welsh hated them even more than the English.

I can agree with that to an extent - i went to Bala a fair few years back now, and we wern't allowed in a steak house because we didn't speak welsh. Only bad experience i've had though, i regularly go to Caernarfon and Bangor doing outdoor sports and activities, love the area.

Clearly the difference between us, Im a gentleman with respect for the fairer sex ..... :teeth_smile:

Just like me.

The draw for the footie europe championships has just been published, I hope this photo lets you all know what I think of footie compaired to the proper game

Attachments

• 575790_191628590991424_75468975_n.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 36

That result was pre determined by the Welsh coaches
They wanted the lads to know how bad the opposition feels when they are on the wrong side of big winning margins in senior internationals

Its the reason why the 15 to 1 ratio of English to Welsh is regularly overcome and occasionally with ease
We will be surprised if anything changes today,however our team does have the occasional blip in these games if thats any consolation to youi

They wanted the lads to know how bad the opposition feels when they are on the wrong side of big winning margins in senior internationals

Its the reason why the 15 to 1 ratio of English to Welsh is regularly overcome and occasionally with ease
We will be surprised if anything changes today,however our team does have the occasional blip in these games if thats any consolation to youi
It's tommorrow :stuart:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Des 56

It's tommorrow :stuart:

We will be surprised if anything changes on the day,however our team does have the occasional blip in these games if thats any consolation to you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you go,its amended to what I intended to type

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ItsIt's tommorrow :stuart:

Is that the same as tomorrow by any chance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There seems to be a rash of mistakes being typed in this thread lol

6 nations update......

scotland were unlucky not to get the win over france yestday , blew it in the last 2 mins unfortunately.
ireland executed their game plan well to rack up big points against italy , and o'driscoll was given a huge & deserved ovation by the home crowd in his last game at dublin.

looking forward to todays game , hope to see england give the taffy's a good shoeing ;-)

6 nations update......

scotland were unlucky not to get the win over france yestday , blew it in the last 2 mins unfortunately.
ireland executed their game plan well to rack up big points against italy , and o'driscoll was given a huge & deserved ovation by the home crowd in his last game at dublin.

looking forward to todays game , hope to see england give the taffy's a good shoeing ;-)

Welsh fans are fuming at Gatland

Your hopes were granted
England played very well and were very hungry for victory
We had Halfpenny to thank for being just 5 points down at half time

Everybody here were desperate before half time for Gatland to take off our new scrum half (who was having a nightmare of personal mistakes) and Rhys Priestland the fly half who was a continual and utter disaster

We had the 2 guys sitting out the match who would have made a massive difference and Gatland must have been the only person who could not see the light

He was forced eventually by injury to make the change but by then we were down a man and it was too late

Without taking away the spoils of victory for the excellent England team,we defeated ourselves courtesy of one head coach with a brain freeze
Again,we are absolutely furious with the man

First time I have heard a Welsh person heap praise on an England team, well done mate I agree with you, your head coach screwed up, still a good game could have been worse for you if, as you say Halfpenny hadn't been on his game,

i wouldnt say wales's defeat today was all down to their coach
most of their team didnt turn up for the first half ,and 6 of them were lions players.

all the credit goes to englands solid performance to be quite honest.

i wouldnt say wales's defeat today was all down to their coach
most of their team didnt turn up for the first half ,and 6 of them were lions players.

all the credit goes to England solid performance to be quite honest.
England played well I agree but if as you say they didn't turn up, then that's down to the coach, let's be magnanimous in our victory,

Reply to Rugby Fans in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock