Currently reading:
Rugby Fans

Discuss Rugby Fans in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

fantastic final day of rugby !!!

went down to the wire before a tournament winner was decided !!

england ran in lots of tries with an impressive performance boding well for next years WC.

the wheels fell off scotlands wagon as they got trashed by wales lol.

france ireland game was a belter with excitement till the end.

congrats to the paddys ;-)

Well done to the celtic boys from Ireland .... they must be wondering how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against England!

I think the conclusion to this tournament must be how the hell didn't England win it? regardless of that Congratulations to Ireland, fantastic pride and passion yet again, well done you lot.

I think the conclusion to this tournament must be how the hell didn't England win it? regardless of that Congratulations to Ireland, fantastic pride and passion yet again, well done you lot.

I'm confused as to how Ireland didn't win the clean sweep of triple crown and six nations --- they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against England!

I'm confused as to how Ireland didn't win the clean sweep of triple crown and six nations --- they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against England!
I have huge respect for Ireland I really do M8, they are a proper team who play with pride and passion and the guys who wear the Green shirt are real rugby players not nancy boys. But and I say this with total respect for them, I believe England are a better side I really do, only just but better and they should have never lost to France, again though full credit to the Irish, well deserved and once again they did their nation proud.

.... and I'll bet a few pints with anyone that England don't make it out of the group stages at next years world cup!

i'll bet you £200 right now that they will , like they have done in every RWC since 1995.

stupid statement that deserves getting pulled up

so , you wanna still put your money where your mouth is ?

There were lots of funny results this year but I believe the Irish were the better side overall in the championship and deserved their 6 nations title. Plus I think for BOD it was a deserved send off! But that is all in the past now and the next big venture is the rugby world cup. England are building but when the chips are down I expect Wales and Ireland to lead the way and deliver, Scotland to fall pathetically by the way side ......

The most upsetting part for me is the fact the Scottish didn't finish last, I like Italy and feel for them, they played well against most of the sides, the Scots hate the english for something that happened 500 years ago and there is a saying " if Scotland didn't hate the English they would find someone else to hate " lol

There were lots of funny results this year but I believe the Irish were the better side overall in the championship and deserved their 6 nations title. Plus I think for BOD it was a deserved send off! But that is all in the past now and the next big venture is the rugby world cup. England are building but when the chips are down I expect Wales and Ireland to lead the way and deliver, Scotland to fall pathetically by the way side ......
Can't see that I am afraid Badge, wales yes, Ireland never perform at WCs

Badge is upset because wales got turned over by England and the Irish, in fact they ended up mid table lmao

Its all a cunning plan by Gatland and co .... you are being lulled into a false sense of security! They have their eye on the bigger picture and the 6 nations is a sacrificial lamb :)

I love it when you lot give us stick my reply is simply this = "England have won the Rugby, Football and Cricket world cups", who else in the UK has done the same? lmfao hahahahahahahahahahahaha, and when an English man goes to wales as a tourist the welsh speak thier language to purposely be rude and racial, when a welshman comes to Gloucester and meets me I shake his hand and offer him a cuppa, thats the difference, I hope you welsh gits go out in the first round.

Who else in the world has done it? Full credit to England!

That we shall see, Im having a £200 marker with Biff on it .... if he steps up to the plate!
Biffs loaded, he has got his technicians grade card, just passed his design course and planning a trip around the world, he can afford it m8, it will be interesting to see who is right. My home town club Gloucester is hosting 4 world cup games next year, if you and Biff want to come to kingsholm to watch a match and have a beer let me know.

A shortage of money is not an issue with me either, £200 quid is a blink of the eye but that said I dont want to get into silly money gambling. £200 is fine as a marker and adds some interest to the group results -- even with Englands home advantage! Wales just need to make sure their "Lions" are rested and ready, not burnt out like this year!

And Gloucester is just up the road so if Im not in Spain I may well take you up on that kind offer :)

You will be very welcome Badge, we always meet at teagues bar dead opposite our ground an hour and a half or two hours before kick off and then go into the ground, during the match we are still boozing even though it is plastic glasses and then go into town after, you can kip on my sofa fella, you will be very welcome. Some of the guys I stand with in the shed are very knowlegable and a good laugh, I love it and like the atmosphere, obviously it is my view but there is nowhere like kingsholm to watch real hard core rugby, even when gloucester get a pasting the crowd are behind them the whole match and we always give a standing ovation to the away team.I watched New Zealand verses the USA in 91, the all blacks won 44-0, but there was 20,000 in kingsholm and non stop singing all the way through the match, it was great, I can't wait for next year.

Been there a couple of times but outside of gods country (Wales!) my favourite ground has always been Bath -- your arch enemy! I worked there for a few years and there is something about the ground and the city that I like. The atmosphere in the pubs and clubs was always welcoming and friendly to an outsider :)

We Don't like Bath here, that said we do applause them when they run onto the pitch, I have been to the wreck several times and it is not a lucky ground for glos, we usually lose there.

You've always gotta give respect to the better team ..... I used to watch Barnsy, a good Newport RFC boy who though the grass on the English side was greener!

Be careful with getting too big for your boots

Cricket Rugby and football world cups mmm

Be warned,the next world cup could see England winning the earliest elimination prize
You have a side with promise but its not going to compete with the top boys unless it improves quite a lot

My own team has excuse for not being at their peak,we had burned out players who had hardly a break, what with winning a grand slam (starting with a record win against the side that nearly won this this tournament) then we go on to win the summer tour in the name of the Lions,continue that on with the autumn internationals and now the six nations.no break makes for a stale player and that was the biggest factor in the defeat

The team you saw against England will not be recognisable to what will be against you next world cup,add Australia into the group and there could very well be a massive let down awaiting you
I do think England have great promise and they could become an excellent outfit,but they are not there yet,so hold on with the hype
#
Hyping up your own teams is what angers other countries especially when they are average,it is a very very big negative national trait of the English,you should have learned that lesson long ago

Reply to Rugby Fans in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock