Discuss Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Squid

I have some steel toe capped boots but the can be a tad cumbersome so as these where discounted down to £30 I picked up a pair today.

Looks good and they seem comfortable so far and at least I don't look like a CFC Shed boy in boots coloured like Timberlands.........

https://www.screwflix..com/p/site-strata-safety-trainers-navy-size-10/14991

Attachments

• Safety Boots / Shoes Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 10.20.52 - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 10.20.52.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 12
tried all sorts. boots, shoes, trainers. not yet found anything that does not cripple my feet within 2 hours. these are supposed to save us from injury, not cause it. finally resorted to hiking boots that look like steelies, but aren't. not bin found out yet.

I find the catapiller boots good and comfortable for all day use, they take a week to bed in and I find that not doing the top loops up on the laces helps a lot.

tried all sorts. boots, shoes, trainers. not yet found anything that does not cripple my feet within 2 hours. these are supposed to save us from injury, not cause it. finally resorted to hiking boots that look like steelies, but aren't. not bin found out yet.
Thought you minced around on site in flip flops a kaftan with a herbal rollup and an orange dot on your forehead ;o))))

Won't the steal toe caps slow you down running away, when you get caught with the neighbours wife? :)

Won't the steal toe caps slow you down running away, when you get caught with the neighbours wife? :)

I’ve never found that a problem.
Always take my boots off before entering.
;)

yesss have their safety shoes at 20 quid. steel toe and sole. 40 for the boots.
i think the brand name is Scruffs(?)
im waiting for them to get in some size 9 and 10's for me to try. Only sizes they had in stock last week was 7 or 10.5

I find the catapiller boots good and comfortable for all day use, they take a week to bed in and I find that not doing the top loops up on the laces helps a lot.
100% agree with you, although I think the last pair were inferior to the earlier design .
I have worn Caterpillar boots since I was a youth , the best being the "Walking Machine " design. They are hard wearing , comfortable and last the distance.
They newer ones are not as comfortable ; it could be that I am decrepit now of course and maybe sending me a message. :)

Uvex Quattro II.

I swear by them. It seems that everyone has their own favourite boots and sticks to them.

Hiax for the winter find them too warm for summer time.

A warning for those of you who work on construction sites, twice I've come across someone turning the ankles then not being allowed back on site as the RAMS they had signed up to had "PPE suitable for the task". Non supportive rigger boots, safety trainers or safety shoes are often deemed inappropriate.

I got de walt boots, had them about 2 years now, used them in Scotland as hiking boots too. I did have magnum boots for years but the sole started to peel away at the front under the toes, to be fair they lasted the best part of a decade.

not yet found anything that does not cripple my feet within 2 hours
2 hours, lucky sod !
I've found nothing that seems to be designed for real feet, especially those lucky enough to have had parents who avoided foorwear that converts children's feet from healthy "hobbit feet shape" into things that fit into winklepickers. For me, anything wide enough to take my foot at all, is so long that my toes don't even reach the toe box :confused: As many of us will know, if the shoes are too long, then they flex in "cripplingly painful" ways when kneeling etc.
Might be interesting now I'm working for an employer that takes their responsibilities seriously, and seeing if they can actually find anything that fits. I once tried a clog maker who advertised that they made custom clogs including safety steel toecaps. They didn't even have a toebox even vaguely wide enough o_O

There's a downside to having hobbit feet

I am always frustrated that they don't do proper ladies protective boots and shoes, I have looked everywhere, not one place stocks decent peep-holed high-heeled court shoes for site work!!!

Sooooo

In all seriousness, I have found different boots over the years that work, or just don't, no matter on the make or cost, currently I use some really comfy JCB boots from screwfix (which they have now dropped from their range as they were more pricy than most) - I leave the top laceholes out, and fortunately bought a spare pair when they sold them off cheaper!

For general site meetings, I have some boring "comfortable" style ladies safety shoes, - which are about the best I could find, but aren't anything like as comfortable as my normal heels, or my site boots - but at least they look ok for formal meetings!

Reply to Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock