Discuss Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Last employer I had would lose their mind if boots cost more than £25 and expected those glorifed cardboard boots to last at least a year.

Rather than scuff toes I tend to flex soles when kneeling, which generally splits the sole or tears sole from upper - often within weeks and rarely in more than a couple of months. I don't know how Haix construct their boots, but sole and upper are inseparable and their sole plate stays where it should, rather than bust through the sole as has happened with other boots.

I probably should ask them for commission as this isn't the first place I've sung their praises ?
Yes I use to work in factory like that, it was the £8.99 cheap as you could get boots for people on their feet 12 hour shifts. They could never get there heads around the fact that we wouldn't need new boots every month if they provided decent ones.

I've just found a supply of 6E boots. An eye watering price, but with any luck they might fit my feet without causing more injury than they prevent.
They have a choice of two options - a standard lace-up, and the same with a zip as well. Does anyone have any experience with boots with this sort of option - is the zip worth while, or do they cause problems ?

Oh yes, and as someone mentioned it - scuff caps ?

I've just found a supply of 6E boots. An eye watering price, but with any luck they might fit my feet without causing more injury than they prevent.
I think if they fit they are worth every penny!

That is not so much more than the Haix prices and not unreasonable for quality footwear.

I've suffered with bad fitting boots for years (wide feet) I have spent far too much trying different makes, find some which are ok buy another pair later to find the fit is smaller

Been seeing a physio for them recently as its caused chronic problems, plantar fasciitis and Achilles heel issues and they said the boots do a good job of protecting on the outside while destroying all the natural movement causing weak muscles and tendons, especially standing on factory floors.

He recommended a different approach of buying some minimalist / barefoot shoes ( bit like beach shoes) to wear out of work to strengthen the feet, as they allow natural movement, its helped massively just wish I could find safety boots which are made to the same principles of being flexible and with no difference in height between toe and heel
I've just ordered some by Base which are supposed to be foot shaped etc I'll post after I've tried them out

I think if they fit they are worth every penny!
I'm inclined to agree
That is not so much more than the Haix prices and not unreasonable for quality footwear.
Hmm, yes very similar pricing.
He recommended a different approach of buying some minimalist / barefoot shoes ( bit like beach shoes) to wear out of work to strengthen the feet, as they allow natural movement, its helped massively just wish I could find safety boots which are made to the same principles of being flexible and with no difference in height between toe and heel
Well around the house I wear "soft" slippers - the sort that don't have a sole, just a few payers of fabric. The current ones are Snoozies and very comfortable. Standing request for crimbo prezzies.
Really like having nothing on my feet, but warmer.

Amazingly, I was once in conversation with a lady selling footwear - and she was adamant that my feet were deformed as I've been wearing shoes that are too wide. Looked at her shoes, and could see from the way the leather was fitting that they were tight on her toes and sqishing them inwards.
Actually, it's not really amazing - there's such a level of ignorance around such things.

Well a little feedback now I've had them for a while.
I'm glad I went with the zip version, as it would be a real PITA doing up and undoing laces all the time with that many eyelets. Though it's still a bit tight with the zip open, I think they are giving a bit now, and I'm getting the hang of them.
They are a bit heavy, but I find I quickly get used to that. Really strange to drive in, to the point that I normally wear shows and change when I get to the other end. And compared to normal boots that taper off at the toes, these look just MASSIVE - not the sort of boot to pick an argument with ?
But above all, for probably the first time in my life, I'm able to wear safety boots without feeling like my feet are in some sort of torture device after as little as a few minutes. So yes, although they cost £160, worth every penny - I just hope they last a reasonable time, should do, they look well built.

Reply to Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock