Discuss safety boots in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just wondering what safety boots you guys use, been using these for last 3 years seem ok, but noticed the other day that they don't have midsole protection, so been looking at these, seem very nice, i get a bit of money back from my company but just looking for something comfortable. any other recommendations welcome, Thanks!

Hi,if your company is generous,and the "bit" of money you get back,is 200ish...you could buy the best boots made...Redwings :shades_smile:

If you NEED safety boots,you NEED your feet and hands,to earn a living...

Look after both by spending only the kind of money,people waste on football and in pubs,on what is really important.

...Here ends this mornings lecture :biggrinjester:

I prefer the trainer style to boots. DeWalt usually but it depends on what's on offer at the time. At the end of the days people have different shaped feet and what's comfortable for one will not be for others.

Mine always wear out from the top before the soles! Too much kneeling/grovelling

i've tried them all. not found any that don't cripple me within a few hours. even the trainer type.

Haix (issued to Scottish Hydro I think) or Snickers boots. Cheap boots are never comfy. I have several pairs depending on if I'm doing clean work in someone's house of working in a trench.

Hi,if your company is generous,and the "bit" of money you get back,is 200ish...you could buy the best boots made...Redwings :shades_smile:

If you NEED safety boots,you NEED your feet and hands,to earn a living...

Look after both by spending only the kind of money,people waste on football and in pubs,on what is really important.

...Here ends this mornings lecture :biggrinjester:
haha i'd love that much, more like £30.
Thanks everyone, going to try a few places this weekend to see what they have.
Thanks again.

Haix (issued to Scottish Hydro I think) or Snickers boots. Cheap boots are never comfy. I have several pairs depending on if I'm doing clean work in someone's house of working in a trench.
and western digital.

ive got two pairs of haix, got a pair at retail and one cheap on ebay.

its worn the soles out on my first pair of trekker pros so its time for them to be sent back and resoled.

i was getting through to the toecaps in less than 6months before i got then.

if you want comfy there fire fighter boots feel like slippers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've had loads of pairs of Snickers, Dickies, Scruffs etc, They just fall apart after a while. However when I first started I was given a pair of Haix boots by my brother (who was in the army) and they lasted ages, Then I was given a pair by a friend who works in the armed police unit, Haix are definitely the best imo, But not cheap.

Last edited:
I've had loads of pairs of Snickers, Dickies, Scruffs etc, They just fall apart after a while. However when I first started I was given a pair of Haix boots by my brother (who was in the army) and they lasted ages, Then I was given a pair by a friend who works in the armed police unit, Haix are definitely the best imo, But not cheap.
keep an eye on ebay, i got my last pair for £70

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

it will be some two years im wearing my sterling steel boots.
good woolen socks with them (teko) and no problems having them on your feet for whole day.
SS807SM |
Just goes to show everyone is different

I had a pair of these they caused me a lot of problems with my feet after one site job two and a half weeks 12 hr+ days and they were falling apart!

Sterling cobalt are good after 3-4 day wear in
But I'm using Cofra boots now definitely recommend these!
very good for wide feet and very breathable I've two pairs, boots for site and some trainers for the factory
These are more open, like sandals (everyone wears them on the continent in summer)
they have a proper toecap and midsole protection just more open at the back

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Reply to safety boots in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net