Discuss Steel Toe Cap Wear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Resu

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm looking for some new boots but I'm a tough person to please! I have trouble with what I find the best looking boot, the tan leather variety, that after a few weeks of working on concrete floors on your knees the toes get worn right down to the steel. This is obviously makes them look scruffy, can let water in, etc. Don't like darker browns at all. Main problem with black boots is that the rest of my uniform is black and I fear I'll look like a lost member of the SAS :disguise:

Looked into steel toe capped trainers but they're either very expensive or look like a pair of crap sketchers :S

Any ideas?

different peole different opinions, have a look in the local shops what is available and make your choice. buying boots online sucks you can get the size right, gotta try them first.
better invest in good ones than have a crap ones fall apart after a while. have a look that the upper is fixed to the bottom by sewing not only glue.

Bought (got given) a pair of Caterpillar boots about 10 years ago. Comfy from day one. Now my dog walking boots.

When you're employed the employer should supply the boots. I picked these and contributed an amount towards them. Best capped boots I've ever had.

I had three pairs of them Dewalt boots that everyone and their dog wears on site but they are crap. They look nice and are about 30 quid but the toe goes and they are not water proof. I now have a pair of Trojan boots from Arco which are water proof and have a cap over the toe bit which hasn't worn away. Can't seem to find them online but they are best I've had and about 45 quid.

I had three pairs of them Dewalt boots that everyone and their dog wears on site but they are crap. They look nice and are about 30 quid but the toe goes and they are not water proof. I now have a pair of Trojan boots from Arco which are water proof and have a cap over the toe bit which hasn't worn away. Can't seem to find them online but they are best I've had and about 45 quid.

Dewalt apprentice? I love em, tried others but these the the -------

Ive had 2 pairs of dewalt apprentice boots, and neither lasted long. My dickies cleveland lasted about a year so not bad, my next pair will be the scruffs twister pro, they look real good

My dewalt's are doing pretty well, had them for 6 months and should last another 1-2 months. Got my eyes on a pair of the DM work boots next though.

Worn CAt for years , tried Scruffs once in the mean time , ditched them and bought another new pair of Cat . Only real pair of slip resistant that I have tried that does as it says. Only problem is after a year or so you have to lair them with dubbin to keep the water out.

I just love them lol.

In my view you've got to try them on. Go to screwfix and they will let you try every single type they have. That's what I did, felt a bit of a prat but came away with the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. Sod's law they were the dearest as well!

Reply to Steel Toe Cap Wear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net