Discuss Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest, I see you've fkagged my previous post as funny. While I can see the funny side, it's actually a serious issue.
In many situations I'd trade protection from a risk that MIGHT happen for having footwear that isn't guaranteed to cause injury. But many sites simply don't allow for such tradeoffs.
As an aside, a friend worked on a site with a mandatory gloves policy. One of his colleagues had big hands, such that they couldn't find him anything suitable. He had to carry around an exemption letter to show each time he got stopped for not wearing gloves.

After trying all sorts of boots over the years I found buckler boot to be the best by far, bit more expensive but they last longer and much more comfortable.

I have some steel toe capped boots but the can be a tad cumbersome so as these where discounted down to £30 I picked up a pair today.

Looks good and they seem comfortable so far and at least I don't look like a CFC Shed boy in boots coloured like Timberlands.........

https://www.screwflix..com/p/site-strata-safety-trainers-navy-size-10/14991
Ha ha Adidas four stripe you mum and dad must be well poor.

Resurrecting this still-warm thread as looking for any suggestions for safety boots, ideally from the local wholesale places like Yesss, Edmundsons, etc, or Screwfix/Toolstation?

I have some decade-old but hardly used Beta ones, but we might be having a guy start soon so really need to sort out some basic PPE like this for him.

Resurrecting this still-warm thread as looking for any suggestions for safety boots, ideally from the local wholesale places like Yesss, Edmundsons, etc, or Screwfix/Toolstation?

I have some decade-old but hardly used Beta ones, but we might be having a guy start soon so really need to sort out some basic PPE like this for him.
give him/her £50 and send into screwfix to pick there own.

If you pick them, then it WILL be YOUR fault every time there feet ache.

I was going to get him to try them on when picked up from Screwfix, etc!

Still, if folk know of a brand that not too feet-torturing it would help.

Haix Airpower XR21 for winter.
Haix Airpower X21 for summer.

Pricey, but worth every penny. Only boots I've ever owned that never let in water. No splitting of sole and no separation of sole and upper after years of daily wear.

I swear by the catappiler boots.
they have served me well for the last 20 years. (although i do change them for new now and then)

I find 'Site Granite' boots very comfy. I've got two pairs, one for work and one for 'best'. I can wear the all day and still feel comfy. I prefer them to my trainers. Having said that they do look a bit silly on the beach with my shorts on.

I find 'Site Granite' boots very comfy. I've got two pairs, one for work and one for 'best'. I can wear the all day and still feel comfy. I prefer them to my trainers. Having said that they do look a bit silly on the beach with my shorts on.

I've also found site granite boots to be very comfy. I've really wide feet and the same boots will fit over a single pair of boot socks or when it's cold out a pair of boot socks with a pair of heat holders.

Every time screwfix have a promotion on them I buy another pair but by having two pairs on the go at a time they (kind of) last for years.

When I say kind of what I mean is after a while the name plate falls out of the sole and they leak from the bottom as well. And then they squeek. But I'm tight so I'll wear them until they fall apart so now I've got 3 pairs on the go, one with both soles complete for the really wet site I've been working at and two leaky squeeky pairs for days with no standing water.

I've also got some Dickies lined Quebec boots. 3 times the price of the site boots. Once broken in also really comfy which is a really good job as even with the zip an absolute PITA to cinch the laces or loosen so once they're on they stay on, sometimes for days.

Those boots represent a significant portion of my nett worth ?

Left and centre are the same winter boots, with about 5 years difference in age. Boots on the right are the same, but with more goretex in their lining and no fur. Despite their general heft, the winter boots are like wearing gloves on my feet.

Previous post contained an error as summer boots are X22, not X21.

I have hiax for the winter but find them a lot more difficult for driving as the reduce ankle movement.

I'd have to agree that they provide serious ankle support and that this could take some getting use to when driving, but I've long been used to driving all manner of vehicles under all manner of conditions. The guy that recommended Haix to me likes lower boots, but I favour ankle support when working.

Haix manufacture a wide range of safety footwear, not all of which are as combersome as my choices. The reason a miserable bugger like me is prepared to pay the significant cost of their products is because, in my experience, the quality of their construction far surpasses anything that can be found elsewhere. I'm hard on footwear and can split soles and seams in no time, but these things are close to indestructable - so impressive that I've even been known to polish them from time to time!

I'd have to agree that they provide serious ankle support and that this could take some getting use to when driving, but I've long been used to driving all manner of vehicles under all manner of conditions.

Haix manufacture a wide range of safety footwear, not all of which are as combersome as my choices. The reason a miserable bugger like me is prepared to pay the significant cost of their products is because, in my experience, the quality of their construction far surpasses anything that can be found elsewhere. I'm hard on footwear and can split soles and seams in no time, but these things are close to indestructable - so impressive that I've even been known to polish them from time to time!
I don't pay for them I just pick them out of the PPE catalogue. I find the main problem with boots is the toes scuffing through due to all the kneeling down and shuffling around on concrete floors. Why is it the fault always in the bottom section of the MCC ?

I don't pay for them I just pick them out of the PPE catalogue. I find the main problem with boots is the toes scuffing through due to all the kneeling down and shuffling around on concrete floors. Why is it the fault always in the bottom section of the MCC ?

Last employer I had would lose their mind if boots cost more than £25 and expected those glorifed cardboard boots to last at least a year.

Rather than scuff toes I tend to flex soles when kneeling, which generally splits the sole or tears sole from upper - often within weeks and rarely in more than a couple of months. I don't know how Haix construct their boots, but sole and upper are inseparable and their sole plate stays where it should, rather than bust through the sole as has happened with other boots.

I probably should ask them for commission as this isn't the first place I've sung their praises ?

Reply to Safety Boots / Shoes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock