• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Sat the 18th Edition exam today in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob Geldoff1234

Regular EF Member
Well sat the 18th today and passed top of my class(8 people) with 90% so I'm happy with that:).Most people on my course got between 70-80%.One lad only got 60%:(
I did find the 18th exam harder than the 17th in which way the questions were worded.Also there seemed to be trick questions put in there to confuse you:eek:.Anyway glad it's over and thanks to everyone who helped with my questions.:p

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
Great, well done @Bob Geldoff1234 .... now get back to saving Africa. Only 7 months until you start getting those Band Aid royalties

I was the same when I sat my 18th. Highest in class of 12 I think.
I didn’t come across any trick questions, but I did have a repeated question. Slightly different wording, and the answers were in a different order, but asking the same question.
Can you remember the trick questions?

GBDamo

Subscribed Member
Well sat the 18th today and passed top of my class(8 people) with 90% so I'm happy with that:).Most people on my course got between 70-80%.One lad only got 60%:(
I did find the 18th exam harder than the 17th in which way the questions were worded.Also there seemed to be trick questions put in there to confuse you:eek:.Anyway glad it's over and thanks to everyone who helped with my questions.:p
Well done but in all fairness I got high 90s in a little over an hour. There is a trick to them.:cool:

Marvo

Admin and gender confused
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, they like making some of the questions a rat trap. I'm guessing you were up all night revising but it paid off so it's diamond smiles all round. :D

wirepuller

Forum Mentor
Well done mate, was a couple of stinkers when I sat it before Christmas. But as long as you know your way round the book......

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.