Discuss Screwfix Pullcord Dimmer and Vent Axia fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Installed one of these - worked fine until the customer had it on dim for more than a couple of minutes then it did something very funny to the transformers meaning that two out of the six downlighters work (I replaced the switch with a new standard pullcord) and the other four only work intermittently and flicker. Not a question really - more of a warning , I noticed that the paperwork that came with the dimmer claimed it was compatible with 'good quality' tranformers.

On the same job installed a Vent Axia - low carbon extractor that wouldn't switch off! Took the wiring to bits again, swore then rang the technical folk at Vent-Axia who said that this particular fan staying on due to induced voltage messing with the electrics was 'a problem we're aware of'. Not that they'd gone out of their way to make anyone else aware of it.

Total waste of a morning in the end.

Reply to Screwfix Pullcord Dimmer and Vent Axia fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Our toilet extractor has, or so I thought, been failing (delayed startup, bit intermittent) for some time, and yesterday it finally stopped...
Replies
Views
Hello! And thanks in advance. Just done full refurb and around my home I have 8 circuits that consist of: • Varilight V-Pro dimmer switches (two...
Replies
Views
D
I am after some advice regarding the of a extractor/humidifier fan in the bathroom. I opted for a two gang dimmer switch in my bathroom which...
Replies
Views
L
Hi everyone I have a problem with a vent axia solo plus extractor fan, I've got the casing off and everything seems to be wired up correctly...
Replies
Views
Alright lads.... Client wants to put the bathroom lights on a dimmer (4 x 6w LEDs). Also fitting a vent axia VA100 XHT fan... May there be an...
Replies
Views
Poshspark
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock