Discuss Screwfix VTAC vs Saxby Downlights = nearly identical in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Turn up to look at 2 downlights not working at a recent kitchen job by someone else.
Get one out, it's one of the Screwfix VTAC 10 for £70 little delights. Lots of builders seem to buy these.
I know from past experience Screwfix they don't sell single units.

But I have this eerie feeling I've seen something very similar recently so go down to the wholesaler and ask permission to have a nose around the back.
Yep, Saxby Shieldeco 500 is nigh identical and has the same identical integral LED capsule inside.

Screwfix/VTAC on the left and Saxby on the right. A simple capsule swap works. Happy days.
And if I feel like it it's a rather obvious fault on the old one to repair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Indeed look very similar.
Is there a serial number on the LED board that’s the same? Or check the boxes for “manufacturer the same Imported by different”

im sure screwfix sell them in singles, but obviously better value to buy a box of 10.

Indeed look very similar.
Is there a serial number on the LED board that’s the same? Or check the boxes for “manufacturer the same Imported by different”

im sure screwfix sell them in singles, but obviously better value to buy a box of 10.

They both claim to have Samsung LED innards. One is clearly a copy of the other, and actually the Saxby one is missing the digits seen on the LED module.
The main thing is that where I've previously struggled to find a match when one failed, I now have at least one known product out there with transplantable innards.

Reply to Screwfix VTAC vs Saxby Downlights = nearly identical in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock