Discuss SDS Drill in ceiling voids in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Fruits327

Ok people, we all know what it's like like working within a limited suspended ceiling void and trying to angle your drill to where you need to be. I am currently using a Panasonic SDS to do do the job which is quite compact but coming to the end of its life. My major tools are all makita but unfortunately the SDS drills they do are very long bodied and very difficult to manoeuvre within short ceiling voids. I was wondering if anybody could help me with a replacement tool which do the job that I require and save my frustration of drilling at 45 degrees and getting a c##p fixing on everything

Bosch and Hilti make right angle SDS adapters that can be used at reduced efficiency for drilling.
I am not sure if they would fit another make of SDS, presumably they have tried to ensure they do not.
Fairly pricey, to say the least, but if this is something you do all the time I should think it would be worthwhile.

Ok people, we all know what it's like like working within a limited suspended ceiling void and trying to angle your drill to where you need to be. I am currently using a Panasonic SDS to do do the job which is quite compact but coming to the end of its life. My major tools are all makita but unfortunately the SDS drills they do are very long bodied and very difficult to manoeuvre within short ceiling voids. I was wondering if anybody could help me with a replacement tool which do the job that I require and save my frustration of drilling at 45 degrees and getting a c##p fixing on everything
long? there are two versions a long one and a stumpy version (not as short as the bosch though)

SDS Drill in ceiling voids {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

if i was going for bosch ii would get the 36v one (batteries are reasonable as well

Last edited:
I am putting some serious consideration into the Milwaukee m12-ch sub compact SDS it looks to be a serious piece of kit and at barebone under £150. The only drawback is 13mm max on chuck so it is not viable for bigger jobs. Anybody else looking for a lightweight SDS for drilling 5.5-6mm holes all day long the power and lightweight nature of this drill looks an excellent purchase.

I've got the previous Milwaukee M12 sds (before brushless). It's good for rawl plug holes, but obviously isn't as powerful as the bigger drills on the market.

It's also lightweight which reduces fatigue if you're using it a lot above your head.

Reply to SDS Drill in ceiling voids in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock