Discuss Seeking some advice following am2 results in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good evening,

So I have recently sat my am2 and just received my results. I passed with the installation, theory, fault finding etc but failed on the testing due an issue with insulation resistance and also the initial safe isolation section. I can only think that I didn't carry out all the necessary steps in the isolation. Procduere.

Anyway I understand I will need to re take the testing section but I was told if you fail the safe isolation section you need to retake it all (a previous participant told me this) 0just wondering surely this cannot be correct and hopefully I just need to re do the safe isolation and testing.

Anyway sorry to ramble on its just got me slightly stressed

Any responses are much appreciated

I honestly don't know about having to re-sit the whole thing for failing on safe isolation but it is arguably the most important part of the test.

To be fair if you passed everything once it should be easier second time around so there really is nothing to stress about.

To practice safe isolation at home until it's second nature you could draw some dots on a piece of paper and have a cheap padlock to hand.

Use probes or pencils until it's built in to your muscle memory. That way stress should not get in the way of you getting it right.

If having to resit an exam is the worst thing that happens to you then you are doing well in life. :)

Good luck on the retest.

I nearly failed my C&G inspection & test on the isolation part - I left the key in the padlock which I'd locked off the main isolator with. Luckily the assessor was decent about it and gave a little cough, which made me double check things!

Only the Centre who tested you can confirm if you need to re-take the lot.
It may be at their discretion, it may be the certifying body.

Good evening,

So I have recently sat my am2 and just received my results. I passed with the installation, theory, fault finding etc but failed on the testing due an issue with insulation resistance and also the initial safe isolation section. I can only think that I didn't carry out all the necessary steps in the isolation. Procduere.

Anyway I understand I will need to re take the testing section but I was told if you fail the safe isolation section you need to retake it all (a previous participant told me this) 0just wondering surely this cannot be correct and hopefully I just need to re do the safe isolation and testing.

Anyway sorry to ramble on its just got me slightly stressed

Any responses are much appreciated
Was it the A1 safe Isolation section you failed? If thats the case I have heard that the college actually shouldnt let you proceed with the build as the board isnt safe and that if you fail that bit you have to retake all of section A including the build as safety is the core part of electrical work. If they let you proceed with the build having failed it I would contact the college and query why this was the case as the board wasnt safe to work on having not been isolated safely. May give you some leeway to negotiate how much you retake or the cost.

If you fail an section then you have to resit that section. If you fail the first section (A1) initial verification, you can continue with your install and the rest of the assessment. You would just have to go back and revisit the safe isolation A1 section again.

That being said, if you fail the install then you have to revisit the install plus the A1 safe isolation section.
[automerge]1577355947[/automerge]
If you fail an section then you have to resit that section. If you fail the first section (A1) initial verification, you can continue with your install and the rest of the assessment. You would just have to go back and revisit the safe isolation A1 section again.

That being said, if you fail the install then you have to revisit the install plus the A1 safe isolation section.

Sorry I should have said, you also have to do the risk assessment again which is part of the A1 safe isolation.

Can anyone help i finished my am2 Wednesday morning I know it says up to 5 working days for results but did anyone get them before hand and if so how long cheers. Gav
Source URL: Hi new to the group and after advice. - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/hi-new-to-the-group-and-after-advice.187215/
From memory I did mine Monday to Wednesday and recieved the results early Friday morning. But it is entirely dependant on who you sat the exam with. I've heard of results taking over a week.

Reply to Seeking some advice following am2 results in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock