Currently reading:
Sexual - Still makes me tingle

Discuss Sexual - Still makes me tingle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

a1guvner

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Presented with no comment.

Photo 28-04-2013 12 11 31.jpgPhoto 28-04-2013 12 11 44.jpg
Photo 28-04-2013 11 33 21.jpg

I use tape on large lugs, always have done and I thought your taping job was very neat. If the tape unwraps then it's either cheap rubbish tape or it wasn't put on properly.

Pity you didn’t put the lugs on the opposite way around. They align better between the gland plate and terminal.

TermBox6_zps73ced673.jpg

We usually used 600mm 4 sector solidal. Brass glands and locknuts though a slotted steel gland plate, the slots filled with epoxy.

Gland-plate_zps243007ab.jpg

Jesus wept, AWA glands come with Ali lock nuts and Ali banjo's.... RoB2 obviously hasn't used them before....

Why in the name of god would you use banjos on a metal gland plate?

What purpose would they serve?

The transformer glands are quite adequately earth via the aluminium plate so no need for banjos, the switchgear end is in to an insulated gland plate. Having an earth at both ends would cause circulating currents.

I await your answer with interest.

Reply to Sexual - Still makes me tingle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back