Discuss Shell Energy Economy 7 Dual Rate meter type? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me which Economy 7 meter Shell Energy are currently fitting? I would like to know the overall size including any DCC box. A picture would be nice.

Also, do these meters still have a 2amp relay connection to drive a contactor or in my case signal an EV charger, or are they all now 5 port?

I have limited space and need to plan the space out before I get the contractors in.

thanks
G

The Shell Energy website mentions (rather vaguely) Aclara SMETS2, Elster SMETS2.
You could research worst-case sizes on the web.
"Smart Metering Systems" do the installations for Shell energy.

I'm with Shell and currently have a conventional 2 rate meter, but on a single rate tariff.
They've been emailing for a couple of years saying my supply is at risk as it won't switch tariffs when the existing timing signal is discontinued, supposedly this year, but now next year.

I eagerly await being stuck on Standard rate or Off Peak, charged at Standard rate

Here's the phone number they keep sending to arrange the New meter, give them a call and ask what meter they would fit, or explain the circumstances,

SMS meter.PNG

I'm with Shell and currently have a conventional 2 rate meter, but on a single rate tariff.
They've been emailing for a couple of years saying my supply is at risk as it won't switch tariffs when the existing timing signal is discontinued, supposedly this year, but now next year.

I eagerly await being stuck on Standard rate or Off Peak, charged at Standard rate

Here's the phone number they keep sending to arrange the New meter, give them a call and ask what meter they would fit, or explain the circumstances,

View attachment 103065
Thanks for the info.
I have an old First Utility fitted smart meter for gas and electricity which worked for a few years but became dumb when they "upgraded their system" It still changes rate at night but is stuck on GMT so in the summer I am still on cheap rate past 8:30 AM. the clock is also drifting, it currently switches about 9 minutes late.

Reply to Shell Energy Economy 7 Dual Rate meter type? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net