Discuss Shelly Connection and Full Switch Loop in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

frankyyy

DIY
Reaction score
Have a bunch of home automation in place, and am considering installation of a Shelly into a light switch to remotely control some lights. Looking at the current switch configuration, it should all be pretty straight forward. Have a two gang switch, one light switch (left in the pic), controls the lights in question, the right controls another set that won't be controlled by the Shelly.

My only hold up is I have 4 1.5mm 3 core (solid core) coming into the left hand switch, one in from another location, one out to the lights in question, one for the 2nd switch's lights, and a forth likely to the next room is my assumption without jumping in the roof (will check this though).

Given the 4 cables, the loop of the left switch is pretty full with the neutrals and obviously, don't want to cram it. Looking for advice on the best approach - eg, should I separate the neutrals across the two switches with a short line from each switch's loop terminal. Or am i better off pulling the neutrals into a screw connector or WAGO. What is the recommended approach? Whichever way i go, want to ensure it's done correctly with AU approved connectors (if connectors are the best way forward, that is)

Open to any advice and if any other feedback on the Shelly, keen to hear that too.

Attachments

• j1.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 5
  • j2.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Shelly Connection and Full Switch Loop in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock