Search the forum,

Discuss Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

If this thread doesn't get back on track then I suggest we close it - how we got onto Islam or why it was even meantioned in a thread about EU contributions is beyond me as I see no common ground here. Don't get me wrong here, Islam although been sensitive topic is a good thread choice but its in the wrong place on this occasion so can we get back on track here...

OK back on track.
I see that over the last few days the government have been claiming that
A This comes as a surprise
B The EU are using this as a stick to beat Britain with
C (Ok this one isn't a claim but) Cameron is using this as an opportunity to play Mr Tough Guy.

So, some questions have to be asked.
How did the EU come up with this figure of £1.7 billion?
Well the treasury is required to come up with figures on GDP and GNP which are then sent to the EU who then base their financing requirements on them. This happens for all EU members.
How long ago was this done?
At least 6 months ago.
Why does it then come as a shock to the government?
It bloody doesn't! It's a perfect opportunity for Cameron to act the big man, he saw it coming and is milking it. If it does come as a shock then it's further proof that Gideon is unfit for purpose.
NB If this was happening under a Labour government I'd have said exactly the same things.
Don't believe the hype people.

so how long are we going to continue supporting a corrupt union of countries that want to become collectively superior to the USA? God put the english channel there for a reason. OUT<OUT<OUT!

Reply to Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net