Discuss shower circuit 6ml or 10ml in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scott F

client has old shower he wants replacing with 9 maybe 10kw.He has 6ml cable under floorboards which will be covered by 40 amp rcbo >now this is the part im struggling with according to table 4d5 ref meth c rating is 47 amps but if the cable runs under the floor with other cables does this make it ref meth 100* in which case it woukld be 34amps so would need either upgrading to 10ml or lowerd output on the shower hope this makes sense

client has old shower he wants replacing with 9 maybe 10kw.He has 6ml cable under floorboards which will be covered by 40 amp rcbo >now this is the part im struggling with according to table 4d5 ref meth c rating is 47 amps but if the cable runs under the floor with other cables does this make it ref meth 100* in which case it woukld be 34amps so would need either upgrading to 10ml or lowerd output on the shower hope this makes sense

Replace it with a 10mm as 10Kw is 43amps.

As above, replace it with 10mm² as 6mm² will only be good for up to 7KW when it is enclosed.
As far as protection goes, use a 40A RCBO for 9KW and a 45A RCBO if going up to 10KW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to shower circuit 6ml or 10ml in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I`m looking for an advice. I have an electric shower that I`m not using due to boiler changed to combi and added shower over bath feed by a...
Replies
Views
I am reviewing a EICR for a property I am buying. The vendor has had the EICR done, but both the Cooker and Shower are on 40A 60898 B curve mcbs...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm being tasked with installing an electric shower into a property that was built back in the 1980's. The main consumer unit has only 4 ways...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock