Discuss skeleton consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welshsparky

Went to price a cu change this morning, can anybody advise me were to find something similar to this but an rcd version? ive never come across anything like this one before... Is it going to be an arse to replace?!

Attachments

• IMG-20120811-00050.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 119
Hard to make much out from that photo. Has that one been taken apart and bodged in there? Without knowing the size, or seeing it first hand, could you make a flush mount board fit in there somehow?

i had a similar thing in 2 flats that i rewired, i removed all the guts and fitted a new board over the existing box, then brought the cables in thro the back entry(singles in conduit)

I would go through your consultation process,IR tests,Continuity tests etc.Does your client require any extra circuits.when you know everything about installation,ie are the new RCDs going to hold,i would rip the lot out and put a nice shiny new 17th edition board in

Well a size ie how wide how high would help 2 things here you could put a 17th CU mounted on its side or depending how wide you coulod buy an standard 8 way board and fit RCBOs

This is not a lecture but just a bit advice when you look at jobs like this you need to gather as much info as you can ie high wide circuit entry top ,bottom,side ,Ze,PFC,PSSC,and some random Zs readings put all this together and you can get a better idea

All of that is removable I did one a couple of months ago and did a fair few a couple of years ago , it's all just bolted together , so get you socket set out and then your left with a meter box to house your 17th edition board!!

As Lenny has stated, additionally Crabtree also do Skeleton replacement RCD cu for these Mantel recessed cabinets.
Those 2 T&E cable's aren't original, as well as looking like being installed by bodge & hoppit !! In fact they have been installed within the DNO designated area of these cabinets. Where is the meter anyway?? lol!!!

Reply to skeleton consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net