Discuss Software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Could anybody recommend software to create or alter fire zone drawings,
and does anything exist whereas I could scan old A3 drawings and be able to alter them in the software?
This isn't completely necessary however it would save a lot of time.

I see that autoCAD has been recommended here before however for the amount of times I would use it the price tag is completely unaffordable.

Thanks

The only way to alter drawings, is to have the original in AutoCad, or using the software it was created in. Any scanned file would still be uneditable, even in Cad. The best way to complete zone charts, is then to export the cad drawing into a draw package, like Coral. This gives better colours display and transparent blocks, allowing the drawing to show details from the cad drawing.
Only Autocad Lt is required for building layouts, at around £800...but nothing to stop you buy older versions say 2006 and using file converter for newer drawings you maybe sent.

Look for a cheap older version say 2006 on ebay or even second hand, it will do the job, and will help tender for jobs, as fitting drawings, zone chart....everything really you need in commercial work

with a scanned paper you will end up with a graphic format.
not autocad file so that wont work.
.png or tiff or whatever you using.
can edit those files in gimp (free)
or import them into some vector drawing program (corel or inkscape)

Reply to Software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock