Discuss Solidgear boots any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

edexlab

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello Gents I've got pretty wide feet think flippers and a touch of plantar fasciitis or policemans heel from working on concrete floors for years and I'm constantly looking for boots which don't cripple me

I recently tried a make I hadn't tried before "Solidgear" made by Hultafors
( same company that make Snickers gear)
They were trainer style safety shoes and the fit was really good for me and really comfortable

lightest I've ever seen just like cloud type trainers but these were lacking in support being made of plastic mesh like beach shoes which although would be nice in summer would let dirt and bits of copper in etc as nearly whole shoe was perforated and therefore not suitable for my job

So I'm looking at buying some more traditional style boots made by them and would like to hear any reviews by forum members ie do they last and are they worth the money before I part with any cash as they are quite pricey!

I've only found two reviews online , one really good one really bad which doesn't really give much away as I don't know the environments they were used in

Has anyone tried this make?

I havnt tried them. Try grisport I tried many boots and none were ever that comfortable and now I'm on my 4th pair of these exact same boots. They last me 2ish hears a pair and are very comfortable

I am using a pair of Grisport contractors now
Very good boots lasted well but I find if I'm moving around a lot they're pretty good
But when I'm stationary for long periods my feet hurt/ ache a lot after and feel cold, tried lots of different insoles which improve things but after a while same problems crop up

Navy boots is "lead" the make?
Being military they would probably offer lots of different widths
there are only 2 sizes with military clothing/boots. too small or too big.

I've got a relative serving RAF regiment and he said the boots issued now are best he's ever had

choice of 3 types and with that different widths available , he's supposed to be getting me a pair for non work purposes

For more years than I can remember, my feet have been a size 8.
In the last 7 or 8 years, I have been suffering with bad feet.
Have tried using lighter boots, gel insoles, various different makes, and even pain killers and ibuprofen.
Over the last year I have found wearing size 9 footwear, has improved my condition tremendously.
Try going to a Clarkes shoe store and getting them to measure your feet.

Coincidently, I first started suffering with pain in my feet and ankles after being prescribed simstatins which are supposed to reduce cholesterol.
I found the situation improved within 2 weeks of me ceasing to take the simstatins, though it did not completely disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been suffering with bad feet.
Solidgear boots any good? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
looks that way .:)

So many manufacturers and No real standardisation in sizes
I think length and width is not that different but the shape of shoes and toecaps vary a lot

I've bought a pair which have been good
Bought another pair the same the following year and couldn't wear them!

Used to wear Caterpillar and Dewalt for years
But they have gone quite narrow plus my feet have gone a bit flatter

Glad my feet aren't as dodgy as yours
Buzzlightyear at least you only need to shave them!

I have problems with my feet as well. Last year I got a pair of Buckler boots, best boots I have ever had, they seem to support the foot better than any others.

I have looked at Uvex
They seem to be very popular in Germany nearly everyone on site wears them

I did get a pair of uvex trainers to try for size found one of the pair was width perfect but I thought the toecap internal height was low as it rubbed a little on my toes
I've looked for a stockist so I could go and try a few pairs on but not found one
yet
Arco do them but keep limited stock and nearest one is nearly 2 hrs away

Reply to Solidgear boots any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock